You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you have all the bottles you need, but just can't bring yourself to toss out a newly emptied batch of craft bottles. Das ist mein kampf....:mug:

When you have all the bottles you need, but just can't bring yourself to toss out a newly emptied batch of craft bottles. Das ist mein kampf....:mug:

LOL!

An old Swahili proverb: "Life is struggle... Embrace the struggle!"

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

... you consider buying your oats for oatmeal at the LHBS store because it's about half the price of store bought oats.

... you consider buying your oats for oatmeal at the LHBS store because it's about half the price of store bought oats.

Seriously? I get 2lbs of oatmeal at the grocery store for about $ 1.50. You're looking at the wrong brand or wrong packaging, friend. If only my local Aldi sold malted barley. ..

When your son has "wine" tastings of "wine" that he made. It's non fermented water haha.

1408313751126.jpg

You know you're a homebrewer when you learn of a friends passing and all you want to do is brew a beer in memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

our brew club buddy died last weekend, funeral tomorrow.

such a nice guy. helpful with brewing advice, answering questions. and one time i mentioned i was low on bottles, he brought in 9 cases for me to the next meeting

definitely want to brew something to honor his memory

When you buy a food savor to save money on hops and the first thing you do is seal your wife's straight iron :ban:

Tell me more.

I might wanna try that.

pb

Well I picked some fresh hops from the back yard threw them in a coffee filter and let them step over night in the cup, I got another cup going right now actually lol pic attached. Think I might do a hole 12 cups with 1/2 oz or oz sometime soon will keep you guys posted lol
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409021638.068346.jpg

Well I picked some fresh hops from the back yard threw them in a coffee filter and let them step over night in the cup,

Look for a French Press at yard sales and second hand stores. The paper coffee filter absorbs some of the hop oils, while a French Press uses a stainless steel plate to filter.

When you ask people to guess what you've been drinking based on your farts..."yup, thats a RIS right there. You can smell the roasted barley right after the rotten egg hits you!" That may go into Messing with SWMBO if i can pull it off later.

In that case, read my post in that thread. It's old, but a good one! ...when you get up in the morning & find empty bottles & stuff to clean after bottling or brew day.

When I tell my wife I'm going to the beer store and she says "I thought you just picked up yeast yesterday?"
I reply "I meant I was going to go pick up a case or two."
She replies, "Why don't you just brew a batch, yours are so much better?!!"

Look for a French Press at yard sales and second hand stores. The paper coffee filter absorbs some of the hop oils, while a French Press uses a stainless steel plate to filter.

Well dam I didn't even think about using our French press lol next time will be with that and I might add some hops to the grounds as well before brewing to see what comes of it lol 12cups of hoppy coffee yum

Back