You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your girlfriend says she's hanging out with her parents for the rest of the afternoon/evening, and your first thought is, "I gotta go to the LHBS and make a starter for that Smash I've been thinking about."

When your big date you've been saving for gets canceled and you use the money to buy your buddy's keg

When commercial beer is just for research.

It's been almost 2 years since I started only buying beers that I haven't tried yet.

I always thinks it's a little sad when people say that. Lots of good beers out there to enjoy. Just because I can make a belgian style pale ale with brett, doesn't mean I'm gonna quit buying Orval!

You know you're a homebrewer when you wondered how you survived before Oxyclean. I can't remember the last time I had to really scrub a baking dish or anything else for that matter.

And what's great about oxyclean? It comes out of the household budget, not the brewing budget :)

Thread Hijack!! Is Oxyclean better/cheaper than PBW??

Cheaper: yes. Better: depends.

PBW has chelators(sp?) to function better in a wider range of water chemistry situations. Some make their own mix of a faux-PBW, there are a couple of discussions on it around here somewhere.

TNGabe said:
I always thinks it's a little sad when people say that. Lots of good beers out there to enjoy. Just because I can make a belgian style pale ale with brett, doesn't mean I'm gonna quit buying Orval!

I spend as much as I ever have on commercial beer but there is a LOT of good beer out there and I haven't tried most of it yet.

Cheaper: yes. Better: depends.

PBW has chelators(sp?) to function better in a wider range of water chemistry situations. Some make their own mix of a faux-PBW, there are a couple of discussions on it around here somewhere.

Just keep a small supply of PBW for when you need it. Problem solved and no mixing needed.

When you buy your 14 year old a new fish and he names it Vorlauf, because he says it sounds cool.

When grown up daughter calls home crying saying her boyfriend's homebrew beer tastes like trub, asks me to brew her a chocolate stout, SWMBO logs into brew store website, pulls up my chocolate stout recipe, orders the supplies and then goes to pick them up

Parenting. You did it right.

When grown up daughter calls home crying saying her boyfriend's homebrew beer tastes like trub, asks me to brew her a chocolate stout, SWMBO logs into brew store website, pulls up my chocolate stout recipe, orders the supplies and then goes to pick them up

HAH! That, sir, is amazing.

And they say that we are trained...oh wait, never mind, swmbo does have me trained

Time to have the talk with the boyfriend and teach him how to brew better:D

I'm with the others,... time to pull him aside and have, "The Talk", with him.
;)

pb

At least he's trying. He could be like my sister boyfriend and only drink coors

My sister won't date someone who won't drink beer of the same quality as her. She says she sees it as a serious character flaw. Beerducation for the win.
I'm sorry, but that's sad. Some people simply don't like beer.

You know you are an HBTer when you have seen a thread with keg police once every few months...

I'm sorry, but that's sad. Some people simply don't like beer.

It also says a lot about a person, their choices. Their hobbies, their likes and dislikes all affect one's relationship. So being choosy to find a person you are compatible with is worse how than all the people here who have second bank accounts, and or only order new equipment when their wife isn't around because they are spending thousands on gear and can't tell her?

Personally I'd rather be able to share my passions and my hobbies with my wife, and I can. Because I weeded out all the ones that weren't compatible with my lifestyle.

I think she's on the path to happiness personally but what do I know.

Back