You have insufficient privileges to reply here?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeWebDesigner

Reaction score
You have to be a supporting member to enter that contest via posting in the thread. You can still enter for free via mail, but the deadline for that was yesterday for this contest.

Edit for clarification.

Last edited:
Hi All, i received a notice telling me to be sure to enter the giveaway draw, so I checked it and it is actually something really useful (I borrowed a keg for my beer, so need to buy something to replace it anyway)

here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/35l-fermenter-package-giveaway-from-keg-king.676404/

But when I looked to reply to the thread it said:
"You have insufficient privileges to reply here."

Anyone know why?
Joe
This, like some others, giveaway is restricted to supporting members only. In other words it's only for members who have given money which is dangerously close to being a lottery which is illegal and is why there's no purchase required to enter the Publisher's Clearing House giveaways.

This, like some others, giveaway is restricted to supporting members only. In other words it's only for members who have given money which is dangerously close to being a lottery which is illegal and is why there's no purchase required to enter the Publisher's Clearing House giveaways.
Incorrect.

You must be a member to enter by posting to the thread. Non members can mail in an entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit, while not objecting to this policy, it was not clear to me either. I think if contest sponsors simply added that word 'supporting' it would help newer 'members' such as myself.

PS - Just became a Supporting Member

Thank you for the clarification, unfortunately at the moment in lockdown we have had no work come in so cant afford it.

(Im a director in a Web design company, but I don't take a wage as we don't earn enough under normal circumstances, so have slipped through the net and other than applying for income support which im trying not to do, there is no help available for us at the moment.)
Maybe when things get up and running again...

But we all know that if you DO buy a magazine subscription (or two, or three!) when you enter the PCH your chances go WAY up!!
Sure, i may not need all these Woman's Day magazines, but when i hit the jackpot i'm on easy street baby!!

But we all know that if you DO buy a magazine subscription (or two, or three!) when you enter the PCH your chances go WAY up!!
Sure, i may not need all these Woman's Day magazines, but when i hit the jackpot i'm on easy street baby!!
What am i going to do with 40 subscriptions to vibe?
8d4e27fa-8cc4-4ff9-8691-b3f45b404194_screenshot.jpg

Interesting. I can no longer reply to a thread I already replied to.

I'm a supporting member, so I was going to copy/paste that link for you. I can't for the same reasons.....'insufficient privileges.'

Wonder if that's some hiccup from when this place went to the newer forums. Didn't we used to use vBulletin?

Why did HBT stop doing articles? Just curious.

There may be more to the story, but I think a big part of it was not having enough members to volunteer to review, edit and publish the submitted articles. It's time-consuming and many of us have day jobs, families, etc. I did some of that editing a few years ago. It was kind of fun, and there were a few other members who also did editing duties. But I think it just fell by the wayside. A shame, as there were some really cool and helpful articles submitted.

Last edited:
I just did a random sample of the "articles" and every one of them I checked has the same "insufficient privileges" message at the bottom...

Cheers!

Back