You guy's cost Bud $1300+ this past year!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgremark

Reaction score
I have been brewing a year now and that is the minimum amount Bud lost on sales because you guy's taught me so well!

Thanks Guys and I will never go back!:mug:

I agree. I have my cost down to about half of what Busch prices run. And all my beers are 1.060 or over.

Given a choice between Budweiser and no beer at all, I choose no beer at all.

You have to learn about the finer things in life sometime! I use to drink just get drunk then I learned it was better to at least get drunk on something good!

I was at a hockey game the other night and someone purchased a budweiser for me. I didn't finish it, and trashed the rest. Gross stuff.

I'd rather drink highlife over bud, but I have brewed way better than I can buy at any of my small town stores. Can't wait for my pumpkin ale to condition

brick said:
Given a choice between Budweiser and no beer at all, I choose no beer at all.
I would choose bud.

Spookgolds said:
I was at a hockey game the other night and someone purchased a budweiser for me. I didn't finish it, and trashed the rest. Gross stuff.
Hope it wasn't a decently good friend that bought you a $10 beer that you were too snobby drink.

Hope it wasn't a decently good friend that bought you a $10 beer that you were too snobby drink.

What does "snobby" have to do with it? I had a buddy buy me a bud light and couldn't finish it either. Could have been mental flashbacks of college, but even a sip brings back memories of hangovers and thrown up pizza. I can't choke it down.

Once in a very great while - maybe once or twice a year - an ice cold Bud really hits the spot for me.

What does "snobby" have to do with it?

Because the trendy thing to do is to bash BMC and turn your nose up at it. Take a trip on over here for some real snobbery in the works. A lot of people give valid reasons on why they don't like it. Others post the it's trash or they would not drink it if offered. I could see that being true if it was a something like Chelada or some strange uber hopped beer or syrupy sweet beer. But when you get things like the classic BMC beer that is very flavorless as the worst beer ever? Yeah that's snobbery.

But when you get things like the classic BMC beer that is very flavorless as the worst beer ever? Yeah that's snobbery.

IMO it has flavor, and I don't care for it. Not to use an overused expression, but it literally tastes like vomit to me. Especially when it warms up.

I always thought that maybe it was just the style, but upon trying Yuengling, perhaps it's not. Maybe the corn? I haven't a clue. Personally, I'm not above drinking a Corona or a skunky Heineken, but I will choose water over Bud (even if a friend did pay $10 for it - but I'll buy his next one).

Meh, I'll drink piss beer when the social situation calls for it. While it's not good, it's really not "bad". If I could brew such a transparent brew with no detectable faults, I can only imagine how much my "real" beers would improve.

I don't always drink piss beers but when I do, I prefer Pabst Blue Ribbon.

ndsgr said:
What does "snobby" have to do with it? I had a buddy buy me a bud light and couldn't finish it either. Could have been mental flashbacks of college, but even a sip brings back memories of hangovers and thrown up pizza. I can't choke it down.

If it's from something like this, then I apologize. I have the same aversion to cinnamon alcohol. Bad experience with it and now smelling it brings up my lunch.

Like swamp said though, it's annoying to see people bashing a well made example of a very diffucult style to brew because it's not homebrew or craft beer. And if a friend bought you one, it'd be a dick move to not drink it simply because you feel you're above it. That seems not to be the case here and I apologize.

Miller lite amd pbr here. But I'll drink busch or bud. Natty may be the only one I'd have issues with, but I think I'm old enough to never be confronted with that again :)

If it's from something like this, then I apologize. I have the same aversion to cinnamon alcohol. Bad experience with it and now smelling it brings up my lunch.

Like swamp said though, it's annoying to see people bashing a well made example of a very diffucult style to brew because it's not homebrew or craft beer. And if a friend bought you one, it'd be a dick move to not drink it simply because you feel you're above it. That seems not to be the case here and I apologize.

Miller lite amd pbr here. But I'll drink busch or bud. Natty may be the only one I'd have issues with, but I think I'm old enough to never be confronted with that again :)

I can't drink tequilla. Even a strong whiff of the stuff makes me want to go give an offering to the porcelain god. Actually drinking the stuff makes me way to religious. I pray and give offering to the porcelain god for many hours afterwards. Funny thing is, my wife loves tequilla and is becoming a bit of a tequilla snob.

I had a neighbor who drank the hell out of Milwaukees Best. They were somewhere between a million years old and dead.

Haven't had miller or miller lite in years. I generally will not turn down any beer and in... certain establishments... I'm glad they don't have good beers because then I might stick around and spend too much money.

Growing up in Milwaukee, I have a stomach for pretty much all Milwaukee brewed beers from high life to ice house to Blatz and even Schlitz using classic formula (anyone ever have Blatz in the returnable bottles, it's actually pretty good). That being said, I just can't do Bud light. A Budweiser sure, but i've tried to choke down BL and I just can't do it.

Ha! Of the Yankee beers I've had, Miller Lite was tops of the list. I drank a boatload of it on a golf trip to Florida once.

Most of my vomit induced alcohol aversions go away with enough practice. Like falling off a bike, the sooner you get back on the better you will be at staying on it!

Tequila is the one liquor I have never been able to stomach. Never been sick from it because I can't get any in me.

Growing up in Milwaukee, I have a stomach for pretty much all Milwaukee brewed beers from high life to ice house to Blatz and even Schlitz using classic formula (anyone ever have Blatz in the returnable bottles, it's actually pretty good). That being said, I just can't do Bud light. A Budweiser sure, but i've tried to choke down BL and I just can't do it.
This.

I find that most of the piss beer makers "normal" beer is tolerable. The light beers are so... light. If I want water that tastes a bit like beer I'll fill my beer glass with water when I'm down to 1/8 a beer.

Because the trendy thing to do is to bash BMC and turn your nose up at it. Take a trip on over here for some real snobbery in the works. A lot of people give valid reasons on why they don't like it. Others post the it's trash or they would not drink it if offered. I could see that being true if it was a something like Chelada or some strange uber hopped beer or syrupy sweet beer. But when you get things like the classic BMC beer that is very flavorless as the worst beer ever? Yeah that's snobbery.

+1,000, these threads are so bloody annoying. "heh heh heh, another reason to justify how better I am than someone who likes bud light."

Are we so insecure that we can't just let beer be beer and beer drinkers be beer drinkers? Were you all beat up by bud drinking fratboys at some point of your early development? Or sneered at by PBR drinking hiptsters?

I no longer care who brews what or who drinks what. I think beer is beer, and this is the best time to drink/brew beer. There's plenty for everyone...those who like light lagers and those who like ales...we have plenty to choose from. Hell even in my chain grocery store, there's now more craft beer on the shelves than BMCs.....

I don't like rice adjuncted light lagers, or rice adjuncted lagers in general, not because they're BMC, or made by the "evil empire" and I'm "better" than those folks that drink it, but because they contain rice. So I don't like bud, bud light or sapporo for instance. But if other folks do, it's their choice. If that's all that's available, I'll drink wine or mixed drinks.

But I know why I don't like them, not 'cause it's the beersnob/homebrewer thing to do....And I don't look down on the folks who choose to drink them.

BUT, if they have Sam Adam's or Guinness, or an "MC" beer that is corn adjuncted, such as Miller, or Michelob, or more than likely here in Michigan Labatt's (like when I'm at a hockey game,) and if I'm in the mood for a beer, then I'll have that.

So trying various "Lagers" including those from microbreweries, I made a list of the ones I hated and the ones that were ok; trying to figure out why I liked some and not the others. Finding out that I like corn adjuncted lagers and not rice ones like sapporo and bud.

Millers, Michelob, Labatts, PBR, Strohs, Schlitz, I will drink, and many like Strohs and pabsts (the original 70's recipes I will actually buy and enjoy...to me te two main bud products just taste horrible to me.

I really like Labatt's blue.

One of our members just brought me a mixed case of Yuengling's, both the "traditional lager" and the Lord Chesterfield's ale. And the Lager is actually darker than the ale. And it is full of flavor.

In the right situation it's the right beer....and if other folks like it, that's their choice as well.

Ha! Of the Yankee beers I've had, Miller Lite was tops of the list. I drank a boatload of it on a golf trip to Florida once.

Most of my vomit induced alcohol aversions go away with enough practice. Like falling off a bike, the sooner you get back on the better you will be at staying on it!

Tequila is the one liquor I have never been able to stomach. Never been sick from it because I can't get any in me.

A lot of my problem w tequilla is that the first time I had it (jose) I was already REALLY drunk (read - it was 11 pm, I'd been drinking since 6 am). I went and vomited and turned around excited because I now had "room for more". Yeah, those were the good old days.

I've also found that Dos Equis is served in many crappy bars and it's not that bad for what it is (the amber and the dark).

Once in a very great while - maybe once or twice a year - an ice cold Bud really hits the spot for me.

For me this is on the last day of a hot camping trip. For some reason I actually crave a cold, canned bud.. Any other time and i find it to be plain awful. I started buying one 22 oz can for camping that I keep at the bottom of the cooler. Sometimes I wonder if it's a lifetime of advertising creeping into my subconscious ;)

A lot of my problem w tequilla is that the first time I had it (jose) I was already REALLY drunk (read - it was 11 pm, I'd been drinking since 6 am). I went and vomited and turned around excited because I now had "room for more". Yeah, those were the good old days.

For me it's vodka.....I remember the first time I hurled after trying too much of that stuff in highschool.

My problem is a gag reflex issue, I can't shoot a shot, even if it tastes good. I can drink liquor no problem, CC or other light ryes I can drink all night. I'm a mess, but a worse mess if I'm down below the top of the label on my mix. By glass 3 or 4 I've moved passes adding ice and into mainlining. :rockin:

I'm a good boy now though, just beer and the odd night of rum and coke when I'm on one with the fellas.

I find the puke rally only works for me if I puke early on. If I've been on one all day I can't get going again when I purge.....

My problem is a gag reflex issue, I can't shoot a shot, even if it tastes good. I can drink liquor no problem, CC or other light ryes I can drink all night. I'm a mess, but a worse mess if I'm down below the top of the label on my mix. By glass 3 or 4 I've moved passes adding ice and into mainlining. :rockin:

I'm a good boy now though, just beer and the odd night of rum and coke when I'm on one with the fellas.

I find the puke rally only works for me if I puke early on. If I've been on one all day I can't get going again when I purge.....

The puke rally always works for me.

Never any fun though.

First : I will never turn a beer down just for courtesy's sake. I enjoy light ice cold lager if i'm going to be drinking all day. Or if that's what everyone else is drinking.

Second: My drink of unchoice is Jim Beam...The smell makes me want to hurl.

I've never liked bud or any of its cousins(busch, michelob, natty ice). When i drank piss beer i liked rolling rock.
If someone bought me a bud without asking me what i want i would maybe suck it down, or give it to him/her and politely say don't like light lagers.
I go to several hockey games a year( flyers) and never buy over priced adjunct lagers. I drink 2 or 3 rum and cokes. I always have a few craft or homebrews first though.

^+1

I think there are times when an ice cold bmc is perfect. hot summer day. I couldn't think of drinking a heavier beer when its in the 90s and no a.c.

that is not a problem now that I am on the north coast of CA, but when I lived in Tahoe it gets hot in the summer, and there IS no air conditioning.

My favorite brand is "free" when it comes to beer however, I would prefer a beer with a little more flavor than the macros tend to offer!

Has anyone seen the "Beer Wars" movie?

After seeing that I am beginning to dislike budweiser not for the taste but for their (my own opinion) aggresive, greedy, bullying marketing tactics.

What is sad to me is that we have a family member that is a Budweiser distributor!

Anyone who vomits from the "smell" or "taste" of BMC, couldn't keep dry toast down and will be dead of starvation in two weeks. The things people say....

_

wildwest450 said:
Anyone who vomits from the "smell" or "taste" of BMC, couldn't keep dry toast down and will be dead of starvation in two weeks. The things people say....

_

Especially when no one said it...

Nice work.

My favorite brand is "free" when it comes to beer however, I would prefer a beer with a little more flavor than the macros tend to offer!

Has anyone seen the "Beer Wars" movie?

After seeing that I am beginning to dislike budweiser not for the taste but for their (my own opinion) aggresive, greedy, bullying marketing tactics.

What is sad to me is that we have a family member that is a Budweiser distributor!

the beer wars movie has fueled many arguments on here. i won't wade into that debate other than to say a great many of his "facts" are complete b.s. (like i said, i won't wade into it, ha)
and don't be sad at all that a family member is a bud distributor, be happy they have a good job and always say yes to the free stuff!

Back