Yooper Giveaway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yoop, you'll undoubtedly be going home up through Wisconsin if you're driving, but you should jog over and go up through the lower peninsula. You could stop and have a few with me at Bell's or Dark Horse. Then there are a few other guys farther up north that'd probably meet up with you.

Ya see? Here was your blunder. That seems to be a proper use of the word.

No. You see, melting is unthawing... Its easy. Just take what makes sense and reverse it. You are right about the two warm months though.

Now, for your Yooper lesson of the day, I would like you to use "frozen", "thaw" and "unthaw" in a proper UP sentence. Please include as many "eh's" and "fer cripes sake's" as necessary to make it seem authentic.

Ok, eh, but let me do some studying up first. I got me a UP Magazine, from dem guys up at da Porkupine Press! It's chock full of Yooperisms, like on the cover it's got yer basic terminologies. It says Tree Above Zero, and Tree Below Zero, and it's got pictures of a Tree above a Zero, and a Tree below a Zero, for those who can't read so good.

IMG_20150219_081805_321[1].jpg

Ok, eh, but let me do some studying up first. I got me a UP Magazine, from dem guys up at da Porkupine Press! It's chock full of Yooperisms, like on the cover it's got yer basic terminologies. It says Tree Above Zero, and Tree Below Zero, and it's got pictures of a Tree above a Zero, and a Tree below a Zero, for those who can't read so good.

Thats a good text book. You'll pass for a yooper in no time;)

Yooper has enough 'friends' on the HBT that she only would need to be in Iron River a few months out of the year. She could just drive to the most pleasant weather, stay a while, then move on when the weather turns.

I'm sure on their way back home that they could plan stops the entire way to brew, have dinner, and stay in someone's spare room.

Back