Yet another dry hopping question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyp1980

Reaction score
Ok so im going to be dry hopping and racking into my secondary soon...my question is how long can i leave it for with the hops? ive heard different thing floating around on this thread..but is there a time i shouldnt pass...again its for my IPA..is a week too long in secondary with hops?

A week is not too long, I dry hop in the keg and just leave them in sometimes for a month or two.

I usually dry hop 1-2 weeks in the secondary. I have however, dry hopped in the keg for months. Of course, the keg is cold, so things are slowed a bit. Starts to get a little grassy for me at that point. I'd stick to the 2 week max if I was bottling.

Ok so a week is fine and i wont get any nasties from the hops being in there too long..now second ive heard a split side saying as it turns a week and bubbling is just about done to rack into secondary..ive heard that wait 2 to 3 weeks...which im sure is way beyond final fermentation....which is better?? or is it personal choice?

A week is not too long, I dry hop in the keg and just leave them in sometimes for a month or two.

I agree with kevin476. In addition, I have not had an issue when I have dry hopped in a secondary for a month+. So I add little to your advancement in this subject.

Back