Yeast strain guidance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toadsticker

Reaction score
Planning on brewing an EPA this weekend, and have a choice between wyeast 1945 Neobrittania and 1968. SG 1.056. As a old/new brewer, I don't have a lot of experience with liquid yeasts, and am seeking guidance from those more experienced on the issue.

Toadsticker said:
Planning on brewing an EPA this weekend, and have a choice between wyeast 1945 Neobrittania and 1968. SG 1.056. As a old/new brewer, I don't have a lot of experience with liquid yeasts, and am seeking guidance from those more experienced on the issue.

I like 1968 a lot! Definitely for an English Bitter, I have come to really like it in my pale and IPA!

I was advised and have to agree, pitch it at 60-62 and allow to rise to 68 over 3-4 days and rouse it a bit, it flocculates pretty quick but drops nice and bright and clears quick! 12-14 days and you're good to go.

Edit: don't forget your starter;)

I have a generation 0 1968 available, a 1945 smack pack, or the gen. 1 1968 yeast cake under a batch of caribou slobber (yet to be bottled). I have a habit of doubling starters on the stir plate for future use.

Back