Yeast Storage Vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfowlks

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone has recently bought some vials for yeast storage and if so where from and what size. After doing a lot of research I was looking for between 16ml(4 dram) and 24ml (6 dram). I saw the ones on cynmar.com but you have to buy those in 12 packs with a minimum of 25$ order, and then 10$ shipping, brings it to about 40$ for 48 vials. I have also looked at ebay but most of those are like 144 vial packs, and amazon is about the same price.

I was just wondering if I was maybe missing something or if that was the price that I should expect to pay.

Cynmar is about the best you can do. Make sure the cap is autoclavable, since you might be putting these in a pressure canner or similar at some point for sterilization (making slants later!).

Check out Specialty Bottle, too. They have a lot of cool stuff. I'm looking at buying a bunch of spice tins from them, but I did notice they have some nice bottles, too.

If you like Starbucks frappachino etc. the bottles make great yeast storage containers. About 9.5 oz each.

yeast vials.JPG

I haven't looked at prices, but I imagine they're cheap. Soda bottle preforms look exactly like white lab vials, and they are food grade because soda is going into them.

Colorblind brewing

Flavor beats color every time

Back