Yeast Selection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicat

Reaction score
I just brewed a Black IPA and used Propagate Lab MIP-100 Chico Ale Yeast made in Golden, CO. It was given to my by my home brew shop in place of Wyeast 1056. I was wondering if anyone has used Propagate and any pros or cons you may have?

These are very likely the same yeasts. 1056, Chico, WLP001... same lineage. Propagate is not one I am familiar with but probably the same.

Never heard of Propagate Labs, but their web site lists a fairly extensive yeast library.
So far the only retailer I've found selling any of their products is Denver's Homebrew Shop & Brewery in CO, which makes sense wrt the OP :)

Cheers!
Yep. Altitude Brewing and brew supply in Denver. I live about an hour west of there in the mountains. So far so good. Here is a pic after 48 hours.

Attachments

• 4C50858B-44C7-43B5-B63F-D84EB8C8AB9C.jpeg
    4C50858B-44C7-43B5-B63F-D84EB8C8AB9C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Looks righteous :mug:

I am curious though. Do you suppose Propagate primarily serves commercial accounts?
For such a large number of strains they support yet virtually no retail visibility, that'd be my guess...

Cheers!

Yep. Altitude Brewing and brew supply in Denver. I live about an hour west of there in the mountains. So far so good. Here is a pic after 48 hours.
Looks like it's fermenting nicely. Are you planning on dry hopping? If so, after how many day? Cheers!

Latest posts

Back