Yeast on counter for 2 days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bxtzd3

Reaction score
ok I was going to make a yeast starter, first one, from a harvested cake. I put it on the counter fri night to warm it up to use sat afternoon. well, a bad reaction sent me to the Er for 6 hours. now being sun, brew day, can I just pitch this with no starter made? it's going into a pumpkin ale. I do have backup s-05.

Was it sealed up in a sanitized container? And when did you harvest the cake?

Your yeast is fine, and I hope you're too.

How much yeast slurry do you have? According to Mr Malty, for 5 Gallons you would need 3-4 oz depending on the gravity of your beer.

Happy brew day!

in a small mason jar i have around an inch on the bottom. some may be trub but i was going to separate that today. and thanks i am better, i have no idea what brought it on. but it was a severe anaphylaxis to something.

That sounds like about half a cup, which is what you'd need. If there's only a small amount of old trub mixed in I would not bother to separate it. You may lose too much yeast in the process. Just pitch the whole thing. Make sure the temp of the wort is in the lower range for the yeast and keep it there.

ok cool. i do have about 3 more in the fridge. but im going to make a nice starter for a stout. as long as danstar munich will work.

ok gonna not use it. I gave a stir and it looks clumpy. just don't know

image-2853316277.jpg

Latest posts

Back