yeast in a septic tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caver95

Reaction score
So I was wondering what happens when I pour my trub down the drain, do you think the yeast is keeping my spetic tank nice and clean?? Or is it going to mix and turn into a Poo Monster?

Been using regular bakers yeast for more than 10 years in my septic system and when I had it cleaned out recently, the technician commented on how clean it actually was.

I now dump my all my slurry down the commode and as far as I can tell, no problems. I did notice a few deer staggering around behind the house in the woods, but paid it no mind. :cross:

Salute! :mug:

Been using regular bakers yeast for more than 10 years in my septic system and when I had it cleaned out recently, the technician commented on how clean it actually was.

I now dump my all my slurry down the commode and as far as I can tell, no problems. I did notice a few deer staggering around behind the house in the woods, but paid it no mind. :cross:

Salute! :mug:

I was thinking it has the same benefit. Keeps the biological activity going.

Especially if you feed it regularly. (Couldn't resist and I haven't even started drinking yet.)

Back