Yeast/Fermenting temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gedion

Reaction score
hey guys. i was wondering if anyone could suggest a good yeast that wont put out off flavors when fermenting at higher temps, say around high 70's to mid 80's? i hear some are better then others. the reason i ask is im a Florida boy and my home rarely gets cooler then 75 and the average temp where im at is about 80. im working on my first home brew. coming up on bottling it this week so im crossing my fingers. eventually ill find a refrigerator to convert over to a fermentation chamber but thats far away

ideally id like to make a stout next, or a Trappist style. if that harbors any ideas, please comment away.

Try brewing a Saison or a Belgian with those strains as they like the higher fermentation temperatures

Second the Saison recommendation with the DuPont strain - it thrives in those temps. One of the only yeast I can think of that those temps are ideal for really.

Back