Yazoo Brewery in Nashville - Anyone been?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBRunner

Reaction score
My SWMBO and myself will be going to Franklin, TN to eat lunch at Mellow Mushroom, do a little walking around, hobnob with the country stars a little, then head to Nashville to take a tour of the Yazoo brewery, and maybe hit the Beer Cellar also......

Has anyone been to Yazoo, and if so whats it like?

just curious, as I can't resist any free brewery tour with free beer and a free glass at the end.........:ban:

Cheers

Chad

I have wanted to go, but both times I have planned to go something has happened. I know it't in the old Marathon building. Just promise you'll drink some Dos Perros for me. Man, I miss Nashville.

My Brother-In-Law always talks about Yazoo brews when we are on the phone saying when I come up again I have to try some Yazoo beers.

So maybe I'll talk him in to going to the brewery, if they give free glasses and beers along with the tour. To the OP, I have no idea just thought I would post anyway.

I just read in my "Brew News" where Yazoo is having their 5th birthday party next month and is releasing some special beers at a big party. Check their web site or give them a call.

Cool, looks like fun .....

AustinLSU, I have tried the Dos Perros, that was my first Yahoo beer......very nice

Well, I found out it wasn't free...They charge you 6.00 each for the tour...

For that you get to wander thru the brewery, taste some grain, and try at least 3 types of beer, usually a full glass of each, and maybe more depending on how many people are in your tour group (they limit it to 20)...

It was a blast though, and the beer and the nice Yazoo glas made up for it...

Try to get their Hop Project if they have any on tap; I had the Hop Project 9 when I was there last month, not too bad.

If your in Nashville, the Flying Saucer is a must! 120 beers on tap and 80 different bottles. They have excellent food, although it's all sammiches and what not. :mug:

I'm going to be passing through Nashville next week, if I have time I'll check this out. I'm definitely planning on stopping at the local beer store and picking up some of their beers even if I don't manage to make it over to the brewery.

My groomsmen just took me to Nashville last weekend for a Bachelor weekend. We went to Yazoo and had a blast. Took the tour and hung out in the brewery drinking beer most of the day. Got a keg of Pale Ale and Dos Perros to bring home for my keezer. Wanted to get a keg of the Hop Project 13 but they wouldn't serve anything larger than a growler. Great beer, great cheese, great people.

Yazoo brews are great! I took the tour a couple months ago while in Nashville and had a Blast. Dos Perros was my favorite.

Back