Yahoo, success, I think

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so my friend is a notoriously tough beer critic when it comes to pale ales, IPAs and APAs, his preferred brews. He has ordered me to brew more of what is basically an SNPA clone with a bit of a hop tweak to it.

In a cooler on my current road trip, I brought my SNPA clone along with some SN ESB. He sampled the latter first and said mine was "10 times better." I near fell out of my chair. He is not generally quick with compliments.

This is good news for me. He said the samples I gave him of a couple previous brews were "not so good" and "definitely drinkable," respectively. But this one he loves, so I feel like I'm on the right path.

Had to share because I've had four beers in the last hour. Heading toward druck, but will probably hit the hay before then.:rockin:

sweet-

I have a few friends that are tough and one who is apparently a moron. I accidentally gave one 2 barely wines. He thought they were IPAs and drank 2 22oz before heading to the bar. He said it was a quick night

OK, so my friend is a notoriously tough beer critic when it comes to pale ales, IPAs and APAs, his preferred brews. He has ordered me to brew more of what is basically an SNPA clone with a bit of a hop tweak to it.

In a cooler on my current road trip, I brought my SNPA clone along with some SN ESB. He sampled the latter first and said mine was "10 times better." I near fell out of my chair. He is not generally quick with compliments.

This is good news for me. He said the samples I gave him of a couple previous brews were "not so good" and "definitely drinkable," respectively. But this one he loves, so I feel like I'm on the right path.

Had to share because I've had four beers in the last hour. Heading toward druck, but will probably hit the hay before then.:rockin:

That's great to hear. Always nice to get some positive results from your efforts. :mug:

Awesome, shecky!

I felt a good bit of pride, too when I finally put my beer out there for others to drink. Well, the pride came when they said it was great :)

Don't worry. Constructive Criticism is my middle name.

I should get something shorter, probably. Like Robert or Walter. Maybe James....that's only 1.5 syllables. Hey, I count the "s", you have to pronounce that ****. Maybe just Jim.

Shall I write the review in here? :D

I feel you- I was so happy when I got nothing but compliments on the two brews I took to local brew club meet, especially when a highly experienced brewer goes "Did Mike have this yet? Mike get over here you'll love it it's right up your alley!" (I think Mike's the right name, first I met him and suck with names) but he LOVED it, as did everyone else. Getting positive feedback from respected individuals is always exhilarating :mug: keep up the good work!

Back