Wyeast 3068

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephN

Reaction score
Why in the world am I constantly getting a bubble gum flavor with this yeast. I fermented at 64F for many days, and worked up to 71F over two weeks.

I have bottled and kegged. The carbonation level is usually higher, 2.7-3 volumes. At first after kegging I had a great balance of banana and clove with no bubble gum. I'm wondering if it's falling out when the remaining yeast drops out.

What do you all think?

The esters fad and change over time..... As The beer "lagers" in the keg or bottle..... This is one of my favorite styles and I drink it often in Munich.... The commercial beers of Germany experience the same thing as it is often served from a bottle, it's sometimes kinda old with muted flavor so..... Drink with 3 to 4 weeks to solve the problem.

The esters fad and change over time..... As The beer "lagers" in the keg or bottle..... This is one of my favorite styles and I drink it often in Munich.... The commercial beers of Germany experience the same thing as it is often served from a bottle, it's sometimes kinda old with muted flavor so..... Drink with 3 to 4 weeks to solve the problem.

I've been carbonating for 5-6 days and it's changed that much already. I wonder if yeast availability and temp make that much difference. Thanks for the freshness tip

Latest posts

Back