Wyeast 1214 fast fermenation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bg1414

Reaction score
I am brewing a belgian dubbel from NB. I used wyeast 1214 and made a yeast starter. I pitched it around 1130 pm on monday and at 730 a.m. the next day it was going nuts. There was active fermentation all day yesterday. Today it has slowed down considerably. The temp is at 68. Their website says to ferment between 68 and 78 and that it is a slow starter. Does my fermentation sound normal or is there a problem. I have never had a beer ferment and be done so fast. 1.057 OG. Thanks

It is not done. It is still fermenting. Leave it alone and check the gravity in another week or so to see where you are at. Everything sounds completely normal.

I'll probably take a gravity reading Monday and see what's up

I think by making a starter, you bypassed the slow starter aspect. I did the NB orange a week ago and same thing.i kep mine a few defrees lower though and it fermented a bit slower and longer

Back