WTK: Unfiltered Rogue Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultravista

Reaction score
I am looking for a list of unfiltered Rogue beers. So far I've got Shakespear Stout, Brutal IPA and possible Mocha Porter ...

Are you looking to bottle harvest Pacman? www.brewmasterswarehouse.com is still sellling it. But anyway, I'm pretty sure they only filter a couple of them. For some reason I'm thinking Dead Guy is one that is filtered. If you email them, I'm relatively sure they'll answer, they've been responsive to me in the past when asking about cloning some of their brews.

From their website:

Q: There is sediment on the bottom of my Rogue bottle, is this ok?
A: Rogue does not filter or fine many of the beers we brew, so sediment occurs naturally. Homebrewers love this, since they can culture the yeast from a beer that is not highly attenuated (where the yeast is still alive and not overworked). Sort of like culturing the sourdough starter from your grandmother...

Like I said in the other thread I've harvested Pacman from both their Hazelnut Brown Nectar and their Chocolate Stout so they are not filtered. I have some Mocha Porter in the fridge so I guess I could try harvesting it but I already have a big pile of Pacman slurry in my fermenter I need to wash first.

I did email Rogue via thier "contact us" web page; asking which of their beers are unfiltered.

I'll post if / when I receive a reply.

Back