• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Florida WTB Spruce Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadeo38

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’ve been wanting to make a spruce tip brew for quite a while now, but living in the wrong region makes this tough. I know sites sell them for exorbitant prices, but many are even sold out. Now is the time of year to harvest.

Would anyone who has access to spruce tips be willing to harvest 8oz to ship to me in a simple yellow envelope? If so, please let me know what price you think would be fair!

Thanks in advance.

Nope. I’m on the mailing list for a website that sells them and is supposed to be harvesting right now, but haven’t heard from them.

Thanks so much!

I don’t know much about using these in beer but I have a spruce on my property that smells like a perfect NEIPA when I mow around it. I’ve also harvested some juniper berries for a small gin maker from our property if you can use those. Let me know if I can help.

QUOTE="Amadeo38, post: 8596308, member: 202117"]Hey everyone,

I’ve been wanting to make a spruce tip brew for quite a while now, but living in the wrong region makes this tough. I know sites sell them for exorbitant prices, but many are even sold out. Now is the time of year to harvest.

Would anyone who has access to spruce tips be willing to harvest 8oz to ship to me in a simple yellow envelope? If so, please let me know what price you think would be fair!

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I

Yes, spruce used to be utilized as a substitute for hops traditionally, so it works quite well in beer. I plan to make a strong Christmas ale with it as soon as I can get some, to let it start aging until December.

I’m allergic to Gin, which I’d imagine is because of the Juniper, but thank you for the offer!

These are what the tips look like, just for reference when harvesting
IMG_3871.JPG

Yes, spruce used to be utilized as a substitute for hops traditionally, so it works quite well in beer. I plan to make a strong Christmas ale with it as soon as I can get some, to let it start aging until December.

I’m allergic to Gin, which I’d imagine is because of the Juniper, but thank you for the offer!

Email me your info at [email protected] and I’ll check out the spruce tomorrow.

I looked last night and my trees are about 3-4 days out from being ready. When they are ready I'll see if you have acquired any than.

Nope. I’m on the mailing list for a website that sells them and is supposed to be harvesting right now, but haven’t heard from them.

Thanks so much!

Back