Would you use this for a brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whsoj

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about boil kettles. I have three pressure paint sprayer cans for Industrial use that I picked out of the trash at work. I was wondering if any of you guys would use these for a boil kettle. I have not checked the volume yet, it looks to be between 5 and 10 gal ( judging volume is deceiving for me I will measure them tonight). These are stainless steel and heavy. The only problems are 1. there is a screw fitting in the bottom 1.5 in Dia
and 2 The bottom is not flat the side skirt go's down but the rounded part is recessed (like a dog food bowl see fig 2). Let me know what you guys think, if they clean up well I will keep one and sell the other two, to make up for my keg purchases.
This is a Picture I found online
5-gallon-ss-tank.jpg
Fig 1

tiki-bowl-botton.jpg
fig 2

If you went electric you could drain out of the bottom 1.5" and the bottom really wouldn't appear to make a big difference. I don't have an electric system, just a thought.

Yea I was also thinking some of the Electric guys could mount their element In that drain in the bottom.

assuming it's safe to use, I'd use it as a bright tank. Or sell it as one and use the money to buy a kettle

It's safe I have two keggles, I was thinking about selling this but it safe for pressure up to 110 psi.

Back