Would using brew enhancer make my fg higher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulty82

Reaction score
As the heading states, would using brew enhancer make my final gravity higher? I used a coopers australlian ale kit with 1kg brew enhancer plus 250g of dextrose (trying to make a little stronger) and brewed to 21ltr instead of 24. I was wondering if my fg would be higher using this instead of the basic 1kg of dextrose.been fermenting for 12 days and the reading is still 1.014. There is no airlock activity and the beer looks clear as the foam has subsided, I will leave it a while longer before bottling but can anyone guess what my fg would be using these ingredients. Thanks in advance

I think more information is needed to make an educated guess. For starters what was your OG? And what type of yeast did you use? Without knowing anything else, 1.014 doesn't sound bad as a FG. But there's no way to know with just the info you provided.

Back