Wort tastes carbonated?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grixorbatz

Reaction score
I transferred a Belgian Westy 12 all-grain clone to secondary and when I tasted the wort is was very tingly on the tongue - like it was carbonated. I routinely sample wort for my beers and I've done this one before. This is something I hadn't encountered so I'm just interested on the reflections of perhaps more experienced members.

Does this mean anything? Good/bad/indifferent? Any action I need to take while it's still in the secondary?

Thanks.

-G

It's normal. The yeast releases co2 and during fermentation it'll taste carbed

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I transferred a Belgian Westy 12 all-grain clone to secondary and when I tasted the wort is was very tingly on the tongue - like it was carbonated. I routinely sample wort for my beers and I've done this one before. This is something I hadn't encountered so I'm just interested on the reflections of perhaps more experienced members.

Does this mean anything? Good/bad/indifferent? Any action I need to take while it's still in the secondary?

Thanks.

-G

Youre experiencing "residual carbonation". What temp was it fermed at? I jus made a Pilsner that was so good and carbonated that i almost didnt want to lager it lol

"Sometimes Im right half of the time ...."

Back