Worst Movies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragon Wars.

The movie is 1/2 in English 1/2 in Korean, has a nonsensical plot, piss poor cgi, and the ending that makes less than zero sense.

We are talking COSMOS: War of the Planets, or Manos: Hands of Fate level bad!
These are exactly what belong here. The rest of you need to watch more terrible films.

And, about Das Boot...FFS, this is the kind of guy who puts a super model in the I think they're hot thread...

• Rock of Ages
  • Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn
  • Laserblast

images.jpg

"What Dreams May Come", with Robin Williams. While it was beautiful in scenery, and the book was great, the movie sucked. I didn't make it all the way through.

I haven't seen a movie in years, though, so I don't know about any newer ones that suck. :D
"What Dreams May Come" is one of my favorite movies. I plan to watch it again, because of the irony. But my liking it is probably affected by my background in the mental health field. I worked for several years doing crisis intervention, both face to face and over the phone.

"Nightwings" gets my nomination for the worst movie. It can't even make it to the "campy" level.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but there's a podcast called How Did This Get Made? where they watch a "bad" movie and discuss the ins and outs at length. very funny.

Follow Apt31 Brewing on Facebook!

First Pokeyman. It may have been the last but I remember seeing it with my kids when they were small and thinking what kind of dope the people that made the movie were smoking. It just made zero sense.

Nice thread and very useful for me since I don't watch a whole lot of movies. Like the OP mentioned: Snowpiercer was horrible but I actually watched it to the end. There was another one called Upside Uown with Kirsten Dunst. I had to shut that one off it was so bad and scientifically annoying.

Do you hate the movie itself or just the ending?

Seems like that one takes an unfair amount of flak because people don't like the way it ends.

I enjoyed the movie, don't have a beef with the ending

my complaint: [spoiler in white font]

I really wanted to see the shootout in which Llewelyn (Josh Brolin) was killed. the aftermath looked like it was pretty epic. plus so much time was spent following his character, not to see his exit from the story was a big letdown

[/spoiler]

There are so many terrible movies. One that I think is bad that others might actually know and possibly enjoy is "Last of the Mohicans." It should have been called visual ambien because it always puts me to sleep. All I recall from the 15 min I could keep my eyes open for was a lot of running in the woods. Tried 3 times to watch it to. Guess I should buy it in case of insomnia or something.

Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters.

I bought it out of the Walmart bargin bin on a whim and it was horrible. It is a cantonese kung fu vampire movie. The vampires are rather badass but they start out as goofy zombies (weird hopping things) that manage to eat some blood.

I'm currently reading Christopher Moore's books. I think each and every one so far could be made into a fun movie.

Although with a monster that rises out of the sea and humps fuel tankers and turns itself into a mobile home... It might just end up on this list!

Do bad movies we like qualify?

I was fond of watching things like The Ghoul's presentation of "Attack of the Mushroom People", back in the day. This may have been in part due to the funny voiceover lines that the Ghoul would insert at various points in the movie.
<overdey!>

On the other hand, I don't care for most horror movies in general. Too contrived and too formulaic. It drives me nuts when the girl is running from the monster, runs down a hallway, passes by the door, three windows and a shotgun only to get to the end of the hallway, fall and twist her ankle and drag herself into the closet ... and at that, no doubt one of those closets with a louvered front-panel that you can just see through the cracks of. Please.

I must admit that I have a weird enjoyment of the cheesy horror movies. I guess I like them mainly because I still cannot find a truly scary horror movie. My goal is to find one that actually scares me, not just attempt to startle you with jump out at you scares.

That sounds like an awesome flick!

Yeah and I didn't even mention the former Warrior babe movie Starlet who still practices her sword techniques in the back yard. I suspect she will be the action heroine in the book and would make a great female lead role in a film. Especially if they could get her into the studded leather kickass suit she wore in the films.

Back