Worst chiller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobch

Reaction score
I just made a wort chiller. I used 20 feet of 3/8 inch copper. Wish I would've used 50, but this will work. 8 feet of 1/2 inch clear tube. What is unique is I connected it with a pond water pump. This will help reduce water and cool it quicker. I plan on putting my kettle in a ice bath in a cooler. I will put the water pump inside the iced water so the water will be very cold the water will return back into the cooler. This was very cheap only about 45$ total. I can post pictures and instructions if anyone is interested.

Cheers

What is unique is I connected it with a pond water pump.

It's really not that unique, brewers use the method, because their cooling water, depending on where they brew, can be a little too warm or to save water. There are a few pictures floating around on similar systems. Depending on the volume of the cooler and the volume of wort you'll be cooling, you may need to load the cooler with ice and water more than once, if the cooling load warms up the initial batch of ice and water. You have a coil, a pump and a process. That's good!

Back