Words and phrases I hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pencil pushing office drones who use "action" as a verb.

"I'm going to action you a deliverable."

I was in a lunch meeting with the CEO of the company I work for and several others. One of them managed to say "fingers on the pulse of" 6 times in 4 sentences.

When someone tries to disagree in a wishy-washy way, by saying, "Oh, I don't know about that."

You're right. You don't know about that.

Inside my head I said to myself, "That sounds like something someone from Minnesota would say." And then I looked at your profile.

(I grew up there until I was 19 and still visit family who live there).

"Shade." As in "throwing shade." As in "some dumb*#% actress throws shade at some dumb*#% singer" as if anyone gives a crap.

I'm starting to get really annoyed with the "every day" and "everyday" mix-up. The one word version is for things like "Riding in a car is an everyday event" or "A sandwich is an everyday meal." Two words is for things that happen each and every day. Like "there is a traffic jam on this highway every day" or "I have two cups of coffee every day." It drives me nuts when people write "I kiss my wife goodbye everyday."

Heh. A Vietnamese restaurant recently opened near my house. It's called Pho King. They answer the phone just like you'd expect.

I'm not your buddy, guy!

Approves.

12463561-mmmain.jpg

I hate the fact that people take such trivial bull**** so seriously. Fack ! Can we relax a little bit ? No? Well then screw you pal .You're not my buddy .Can we just be friends?:)

Add those to my list!!!!

What about mate... It is even worst when you name is Matt an d people slur it - you spend the rest of the conversation trying to figure out how the other person knows you by name!

What about mate... It is even worst when you name is Matt an d people slur it - you spend the rest of the conversation trying to figure out how the other person knows you by name!

one of my old roommates started using "mate" a lot. as in, "These are me mates." and "I have his back. He's me best mate." martha floccer, you ain't British! it doesn't make you more punk or skin by using the word mate instead of friend. floccer was born & raised in California.:smack:

I'm sure it's been said before but I hate in when people say "hashtag".
I've mostly heard this on TV.
"I'm buying a Toyota, hashtag blah blah blah" I don't use twitter so I don't really understand what one is supposed to do? Run to my phone and look at tweets about buying a Toyota? Does anyone actually do this?
If your on twitter and use the "hashtag" for whatever the hell you use it for that's fine I suppose, but saying it is friggin stupid.

I'm sure it's been said before but I hate in when people say "hashtag".
I've mostly heard this on TV.
"I'm buying a Toyota, hashtag blah blah blah" I don't use twitter so I don't really understand what one is supposed to do? Run to my phone and look at tweets about buying a Toyota? Does anyone actually do this?
If your on twitter and use the "hashtag" for whatever the hell you use it for that's fine I suppose, but saying it is friggin stupid.

Could be and is worse. Some people use it on places that it does nothing and do not recognize the pound sign.

Hash tags got dumber when companies started advertising using them

Back