Words and phrases I hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
obviously, it is what it is. my PC is rich and agile enough to run any game on the market. I could tweet it in my blog, but needless to say it's just epic. k? I don't think it could be any moar kewl. Ima gonna say we're changing history here! rolf lol! ;p ;p ;p = D!!!

Or any other unnecessary shortening of words that are already short.

Blog from weblog is a prime example though a little dated because who web logs anymore?
OK to just K

Guys using emoticon smileys. Its cute coming from a female, from men its kind of embarassing. Maybe I am sexist in that way

The only place I use emoticons is on here because they have little happy faces drinking beer and getting drunk haha.

I hate when people call a sandwich, sub, hero, or hogi a "sammie". Ugh, that made me cringe just to write it. I also annoys me to no end when people refer to my home city of Rochester is referred to as "Rock City". F*cking annoying...

Anybody call Rochester, MI that? I have a friend in Rochester, VT but it's a two horse town, so it doesn't have that nickname.

I've literally never heard anyone use the word "sammie" before, but I hate it already.

Isnt that a UK term? I have heard Sarnie used as well in that respect. Kinda annoying, but so long as it is meat on bread I will still eat it. Be it a sammich, sand witch sandwitch, sammie, hero, grinder (not the hookup app), sub, hero, hoagie, etc.

I've literally never heard anyone use the word "sammie" before, but I hate it already.

Doesn't Quiznos or some other sandwich chain use "sammie" as the term for their not-full-size subs? I'd feel kind of dumb ordering one though, not to mention I'd probably need 2 or 3 to be full.

"Fare" as used to mean food on a menu, especially when spoken. I know, it's valid use; I just don't like it.

"Never looked back" Example: "A year ago I started kegging and never looked back."

When I was a kid "hark" would set me off but I'm better now.

I have a nephew that really dislikes "udder" and "bladder", so I work them into conversation routinely.

moist.jpg

"To die for"
So stupid, Ok, I'll give you some but then you have to go kill yourself. You get the satisfaction of eating some of the stuff "to die for" and I get the satisfaction of knowing I'll never have to hear you say that again.

"Facebook"
Nobody need to know what you are doing every second of the day.

"I get that"
Overused now, everybody is saying it.

"My face is up here"
Yes I know, I was looking there next.

"Korder" (Quarter)
"Rekkanize" (Recognize)
"Motor-sickle" (Motorcycle)
"Melk" (Milk)
"Pin" (Pen)
"Meterologist" (Meteorologist)
"Trayszher" [rhymes with Frasier] (Treasure)
"Absorkee" (Absarokee) - Both of which are bastardizations of Absaroka.

"Really?... Really?" or "Seriously?... Seriously?" Overused.

When someone goes "That's so funny" with a straight face.

Or when someone ends a thought with "So," and that's it. lol

I could do without "so" also but for a different reason. The Mrs. begins a line of questioning with "so". "So...are you ever planning on cleaning out the garage?" "So...did you think this was a good idea at the time?" When "so" is the first word out of her mouth I know I'm in trouble.

I could do without "so" also but for a different reason. The Mrs. begins a line of questioning with "so". "So...are you ever planning on cleaning out the garage?" "So...did you think this was a good idea at the time?" When "so" is the first word out of her mouth I know I'm in trouble.

Ugh... same.

Only it's, "So I was thinking..."

Then I'm all, "NO, STOP! NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES OF THAT!"

And then I still lose.

For me it's usually me saying "so." As in: "So let me see if I get this straight..."
I can't begin to count how many problems start with that sentence; which leads to a story later on that starts with "So there I was, minding my own business..."
Regards, GF.

Mine is the word "question".
Whenever I'm in trouble with the wife, she'll preface her interrogation with the word "question", like,
"Question. When you were looking at that blonde walking across the parking lot..."
Then she'll use it on me for random questions, because she knows it makes me panic.

Mine is the word "question".
Whenever I'm in trouble with the wife, she'll preface her interrogation with the word "question", like,
"Question. When you were looking at that blonde walking across the parking lot..."
Then she'll use it on me for random questions, because she knows it makes me panic.

That's just mean!

Preggers? Preggo? Its F*cking pregnant.... you arent a fu*king marinara. You are pregnant...
And for the love of crap, stop with the "baby bump" photos. My gut sticks out over my belt, it's disgusting and obese. Yours sticks out, and you're "cute".

News flash, ladies: Looking like me is not cute.

Weird pet peeve of mine....I hate the word "meal"

I don't know why but it always makes me feel uncomfortable when I hear it.

Weird pet peeve of mine....I hate the word "meal"

I don't know why but it always makes me feel uncomfortable when I hear it.

In what context?

-- Sit down for a meal.
-- Meal worm
-- Seal-a-meal
-- Meals on wheels
-- Meal train
-- Last meal
-- Kid's meal
-- Meal ticket

Ya know, the more I say it, the more foreign it's starting to sound...meal, meal, meal, meal, merl, mearl, meel, mrrl, mlae, mlah, mleaugh, mulahblag, mlagamagamaga, mko[fa0wu9rsajvc-42

I want to dissect your mind.:pipe:

Maybe " Grub " is more to his liking ??

In what context?

-- Sit down for a meal.
-- Meal worm
-- Seal-a-meal
-- Meals on wheels
-- Meal train
-- Last meal
-- Kid's meal
-- Meal ticket

Ya know, the more I say it, the more foreign it's starting to sound...meal, meal, meal, meal, merl, mearl, meel, mrrl, mlae, mlah, mleaugh, mulahblag, mlagamagamaga, mko[fa0wu9rsajvc-42

Bring a pipe and we'll talk about the universe! :mug:

I'll need to do more thinking and see if I can figure out why it bugs me. However it is one of the only words that really do. :confused:

Back