Wishlist Screenshots

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushpapers

Son-of-a-Booch
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is simple. Post a screenshot of something you really want. It has to be related to brewing.

I want a decent size jacketed unitank. I saw this Speidel Fermenter on sale. If I only had some space to put it...

20210323_180626.jpg

Looks good, would be great if you could lie it on its' back and have it as a chest fridge with glass lid. Don't think that would work though, you'd have a very unhappy compressor.

Yeah, that definitely wouldn't do the compressor any good. Should work as it is with my set of 2.5 gallon kegs, the 5 pound CO2 tank and all the hoses and fittings that the Homebrew Gnomes left on my steps this afternoon. :mug:

I guess it’s a great thing when I can say there isn’t anything brewing related that I really want.
I brew small batches on my stovetop, 3 gallons at a time every few weeks. I have all I need to do that. I brewed 20 batches in 2020. So far I’ve brewed 5 batches for 2021.

I don’t need a glycol chilled unitank and I don’t know if they even make one small enough for me. That would be cool for making lagers, but I don’t feel the need. I have a cooler mash tun and kettle as well as an Anvil Foundry electric system I can use. I have a real commercial glass front fridge (True mfg) for bottles, commercial and homebrew. I have a 2 tap kegerator set up for corny kegs. That has a digital temp control if I want to make lagers. I have a real handpump/beer engine. Several 3 gallon and several 5 gallon kegs.

No real wants. I’m good.

This thread is simple. Post a screenshot of something you really want. It has to be related to brewing.

I want a decent size jacketed unitank. I saw this Speidel Fermenter on sale. If I only had some space to put it...

View attachment 723239
How would you fill that? 5 barrels is about 155 gallons. I couldn’t brew or drink that much beer in several years and I definitely wouldn’t want 68 or 69 cases of one beer. That’s brewpub / commercial stuff.

Last edited:
How would you fill that? 5 barrels is about 155 gallons. I couldn’t brew or drink that much beer in several years and I definitely wouldn’t want 68 or 69 cases of one beer. That’s brewpub / commercial stuff.
I'd fill it with 5 barrels of kombucha; use it as a brite tank/cold storage, and fill bottles directly from it. The bottles would then be consumed by my army of kombucha drinkers... right now I use corny kegs and a keezer and am limited to 320 bottles production every 2-3 weeks. I think I'd need a tank with a higher working pressure though.

I'd fill it with 5 barrels of kombucha; use it as a brite tank/cold storage, and fill bottles directly from it. The bottles would then be consumed by my army of kombucha drinkers... right now I use corny kegs and a keezer and am limited to 320 bottles production every 2-3 weeks. I think I'd need a tank with a higher working pressure though.
Can’t tell if this is a joke? To each his own. Kombucha is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen or smelled. I know people claim to like it, can’t understand that for the life of me.

Can’t tell if this is a joke? To each his own. Kombucha is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen or smelled. I know people claim to like it, can’t understand that for the life of me.

Kombucha used to be what normal brewers would go "WTF happened here?!" and dump while going nuclear on equipment sterilization and sanitation. ;)

It isn't a joke.. Why would it be a joke?

What I find amusing is how you seem to want to turn this post into a hate forum for people who aspire. Or maybe it's self pitty because you're content. This is a wishlist. It's something to work towards. You may be content with your brew operations, but I am not. I'd like to build bigger, make better product, and sell more.

You're profile says "born to brew, forced to work."

...Why not work for yourself brewing?

It isn't a joke.. Why would it be a joke?

What I find amusing is how you seem to want to turn this post into a hate forum for people who aspire. Or maybe it's self pitty because you're content. This is a wishlist. It's something to work towards. You may be content with your brew operations, but I am not. I'd like to build bigger, make better product, and sell more.

You're profile says "born to brew, forced to work."

...Why not work for yourself brewing?
Go for it. Personally, I’m too old now, way past that point in my life and I apparently am learning every day from the “new generation” that everything I learned about beer and brewing over the course of my whole life is wrong - so why bother?

I’ve watched too many start up and fail - both locally and nationally. Its a fun hobby but for me it ends there. You will find when you try to get into it for profit that the competition is giant companies who spill more in a day than you make in a year and who sell your product for less than you can make it for - and its all cut throat.

There are successful brewers that make profits. Some of them are on this site. I have known a few. A couple of them have been approached with offers from those "giant companies" who are looking to expand their reach.

I am old. I have a wife and kids. Im looking to retire. But I'll never stop moving forward, trying to improve my lot. Even if it's too late to make something for me to enjoy long term, I can pass it on to my kids.

Latest posts

Back