Wireless USB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munsoned

Reaction score
Has anybody used this wireless USB system? If so, any feedback on how well it works?

Cables Unlimited

Here's my plan: I want to set up a temperature probe to log my fermentation temperatures. I was planning on getting one of these: Go!Temp

It looks like it has a decent software program to log the temperature readings, etc.

My problem is that I don't have a computer to dedicate to my brewing room to plug the USB temperature probe into. So, I was thinking about instead connecting the temp probe to the wireless USB system (above), which would then transmit the probe's readings to my desktop, which is about 20 feet away as the crow flies.

Anybody tried anything like this? Any ideas/feedback? Am I over-thinking this project?

It says it goes up to 30ft away but also mentions it does not stream live data (that's how I took it when it said it can't support streaming audio or video) It could do data. That's the only question I'd have. Email the company.. The GoTemp looks like a live feeding device. Not looking good.

Latest posts

Back