Wire from RTD Sensor Connector to PID

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterblum

Reaction score
What type of wire is recommended to connect the pins on a panel-mount XLR connector to an EZBoil's terminals? Soldering is required.
I'm assuming lowest resistance is best.
Thanks

The key is to use the exact same wire type for all three leads, and have the same length for all three leads. This is necessary so that the lead resistance logic/circuitry can correctly adjust for lead resistances.

Brew on :mug:

The key is to use the exact same wire type for all three leads, and have the same length for all three leads. This is necessary so that the lead resistance logic/circuitry can correctly adjust for lead resistances.

Brew on :mug:
I bought a preassembled probe from the Electric Brewery so that I didn't have to mess with it.
I guess I missed that wire when I placed my order with Auber - but I have access to plenty of 22 or 24AWG wire at work.
Thanks for the tip Doug. That makes sense, but I wouldn't have made sure of that when wiring up my panel if you hadn't said that.

You just need regular 3 conductor stranded wire... phone or network cable works better than the stainless braided crap many sell with wires smaller than human hair...

Back