Windsor (UK) brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@RoyalGallon

Reaction score
If there are any brewers in and around Windsor are in the UK then a brand new homebrew club is starting up next month.

WE Homebrew will meet from 7pm, every last Wednesday of the month, starting September 25th 2019.

The club is being supported by Windsor & Eton brewery, and will be hosted there. Thanks to Paddy (one of the owners) for providing the facilities and brewers to feedback and give advice on the beers.

Meetings will revolve around tasting and giving feedback on beers brought in by members, and also hopes to include technical talks and advice by Windsor & Eton’s brewers and other experts. The club is hoping to welcome all homebrewers – whatever their level of experience.

Link to the website for more info:
WEHomebrew.club

That looks fun. Not a trillion miles away from us. We'll think about that.
Well really hope to see you there - even if you can’t make it next wednesday we’ll be running the last Wednesday of every month and the brewery are really helping out. So I think there could be some fun things coming up in the future!

What should we bring?
If the wild hops we recently found are still on the bine then we could go and get some more. I've got a first ishy attempt at a beer. The next three aren't ready.

Normally a country wine maker for a hobby, but beer is a newish interest as a natural extension. It has faster results.

Last edited:
Bring whatever you want people’s opinions on. I want this to be a club where people learn and share, not just a drinking club

We’ll have the head brewer - Paddy - there to give a little talk. He might be able to identify and suggest what to do with the wild hops.

If you haven't already, the sister site Homebrewforum Uk might garner some additional responses. I saw "Windsor" and thought it was Canada at first. Oh well.

If you haven't already, the sister site Homebrewforum Uk might garner some additional responses. I saw "Windsor" and thought it was Canada at first. Oh well.
That’s will take a look and post on there too.

I don’t know how much a flight from Canada would cost to come for a free beer...

That’s will take a look and post on there too.I don’t know how much a flight from Canada would cost to come for a free beer...

A free beer is a free beer! Seriously, I'm actually in Detroit but very close to Windsor, ON where it would be feasible. I think my problem would have been contributing beer to the group for evaluation because of the border crossing.

Beer smuggling across the US / Canada border. Is it a thing? Is beer cheaper one side compared to the other?
It used to be, especially whiskey during prohibition. There are probably still loads of bottles at the bottom of the Detroit river dumped there to avoid going to jail.

Beer is more than likely cheaper in the US nowadays. Windsor carries much the same product as well.

It was really interesting and thank you to all involved for the superb input.

@RoyalGallion, will be interested to see what you think of the hops. The pics and story are on this thread.

Back