• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Williams Brewing SS Connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdbc2011

Reaction score
I have 4 female ss ball-lock quick disconnect fillings with 1/2 inch barbed end and two male 1/2 barbed ball lock disconnect fittings. They are from Williams Brewing and have never been used. They are not comparable with my bargainfittings.com fittings. Value without shipping is 55.40. Will sell shipped for $40.00. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395876948.610329.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I have 4 female ss ball-lock quick disconnect fillings with 1/2 inch barbed end and two male 1/2 barbed ball lock disconnect fittings. They are from Williams Brewing and have never been used. They are not comparable with my bargainfittings.com fittings. Value without shipping is 55.40. Will sell shipped for $40.00. View attachment 188742

PMd

Damn! I just order ones from William's to use with my bargain fittings ones. They should say they aren't universal. In what way are they not compatible?

It's actually the ones from bargain fittings that are not the same as the home brewing industry standard.

On Bargain Fittings website it states "NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER BRANDS OF DISCONNECTS"

Well I guess that makes me the A$$hole then!

I still might be able to make some dedicated connections with the williams ones, but frustrating to say the least.

I only pointed it out because I almost bought a bunch from bargain fittings until I saw the note. Not that they are bad but if you get them you kinda have to keep getting those if you need more.

I have had no problems with the bargainfittings disconnects and I did not realize which ones were "standard."

There is no standard on sleeve lock quick disconnects unless you found out who sold the most of them over the years and use that as a criteria for defining a standard. The only standard QDs are triclover and camlocks.

The ones sold by most of the big home suppliers like AIH, Midwest, Williams, Morebeer, Northern Brewer etc will work with each other. The ones from Bargain Fittings will not work with those others.

Well I guess I didn't buy my set up from bargain fittings as these seem to connect fine. Haven't run water through them yet. When they say they aren't compatible do they not connect or do they leak when connected.

Latest posts

Back