Will this cause a problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrooklynTom

Reaction score
ball lock beer out QD.jpg

The top of the post (beer out) has a small dent on it. Being my first keg, I am unsure if the O-ring makes the whole seal or if the top of the post matches to a gasket also. I noticed this after I kegged and conditioned my Belgian Dubbel. I don't want to see it shooting out from under the QD. I think I am good to go, just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

I'd test it first. Pour some StarSan in the keg, pressurize it to 30 psi, connect a liquid-out QD and see if it hisses/bubbles/sprays.

I'd get a replacement post eventually. Only way to find out is to connect a liquid out fitting and see if she leaks beer. Greasing the o-ring with keg lube may help create a decent seal for the short term.

Thank you all for the quick replies. Since it is full and carbed, I will connect to the tap and hope for the best. I will look to change it out for the next round.:mug:

I got home from work and put the liquid line on, no leaks, all seems fine. I will keep a close eye on it.
I pulled a 1/2pint (test) poured nice, good foam, nice lacing. Next one, no foam. Could it be because I took it from 30psi burped the keg to atmosphere and set to 10psi for serving and it just has to equalize?
The test pour was at 10psi with 10' standard beer lines. Temp 42*F

1st pour.jpg

Strange, from the bubbles on the side of the glass it looks like you are fully carb'd. Its very common for the second pint to have less foam, as the beer line and faucet are the same temp as the beer. It foams more on the first pour as the faucet is warm.

I would have expected some foam on the second pour, but you likely have lots of serving line length. This is a good thing (versus the opposite). You can always get it to foam a little more by tilting the glass more upright.

Back