Will my gravity drop anymore??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hooterjbrew

Reaction score
Brewed NEIPA pitched 1318 on 16 June, first dry hops on 19 June and just checked my gravity and dropped my second dry hops tonight 25 June. OG was 1.062 and had great activity with crazy high krausen that almost went out of the blowoff tube. Gravity tonight was 1.018 (still got bubbles in starsan) checking it in at 5.8 abv. So i have some questions

Will it drop anymore in the next 3-4 days?
Will it be to sweet after carbed if it doesn't drop anymore?
Is there something I can do to counteract the sweetness?

On the test pull the hops were light on the nose, not pungent at all. Taste was good not as sweet as I thought it would be and just a hint of good juicyness on the end. Disappointed so far, hoping for way more hops on the nose and a whole lot juicier than what I got.

Will the hops and smell intensify after kegged and carbed?
Will this second dry hop be the helping hand of hops that Im looking for?

Dry Hop on both additions
1.5oz Citra
1.0oz Mosaic
1.0oz Azacca

If anything goes for me it will be the color and haze so far lol it looks awesome! And this is my first NEIPA and all grain brew so learning experience for sure, lots of hiccups with this brew no pun intended.

All of the experience and help is appreciated :mug:

Will it drop anymore in the next 3-4 days?
Will it be to sweet after carbed if it doesn't drop anymore?
Is there something I can do to counteract the sweetness?

I) Maybe, only way to know is to check in 3-4 days.
II) Could be but it does not have to be. Only way to know is to taste.
III) You could add a little bit of CaSO4, it will "sharpen" up the beer and tone down the maltiness.

I) Are you using temperature control? Can you ramp up the temperature some? Doing that may help. Maybe try to gently swirl the carboy or bucket to rouse the yeast?
II) If it tastes sweet now and is finished fermenting, yes it will still be somewhat sweet after carbing.
III) Brew another well attenuated beer and blend it.

I) Are you using temperature control? Can you ramp up the temperature some? Doing that may help. Maybe try to gently swirl the carboy or bucket to rouse the yeast?
II) If it tastes sweet now and is finished fermenting, yes it will still be somewhat sweet after carbing.
III) Brew another well attenuated beer and blend it.

Upped the temp this morning in my chamber so I'll see if that helps. Hopefully it will but if not I'll live with it until the next brew day lol. Brew and learn. Thanks for the input!

Back