Wild Fermented Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biochemedic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm cross posting this in Fermentation & Yeast in hopes of getting some more input...
Originally posted in the Cider Forum:

So in 2012 I had a little over a half gallon of cider that I had sitting in my kegerator that started to go crazy on it's own, and I eventually took it out and let it finish...it ended up surprisingly good! I bottled a scant two bottles, and then the dregs of the container that this all occurred in.

I just recently got some new fresh cider, and have some left over and am planning on pitching the dregs on a gallon of cider. Here's the questions:

1) Should I put this back in the kegerator after pitching, seeing as this is how it all started, or should I ferment this at regular temps?

2) Should I oxygenate the cider, as per my usual fermentation protocols, or leave it as it was naturally?

As per advise brought up in the Cider thread, I am definitely thinking of making a low gravity starter to wake these dregs up...

Back