Why not to drink a beer while you make....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priemus

Reaction score
So had a late night brewing session on friday night. Made my orange hefe style beer, and my IPA(really its an apa).

Anyway so I brew both batchs up, extract so its fast, the IPA cools while I boil the Hefe.

Pitch the yeast, stick em both in my nice cool closet to ferment just kinda check every few hours whats going on.

So, this morning, no activity from the hefe? strange. OG was 1.053 so I was a little surprized to find out it fermented through in less than 48 hours....oh no....

Ive been fermenting them both at 12-14C degrees (55-57F), the temp ive found is great with Notty for crisp flavours, oops.

Grab the bucket, run up stairs, swirl it...take a sample, put airlock on.....

Temp of the sample is 16 degrees.

Hydro rated for 20 degrees.

Waiting a few minutes to see if Ive done something horrble (other than avoid the esters that probably should be there.)

Thats why I shouldnt brew while drinking right there.

EDIT:

1.012 gravity. Thats done, cant beleive it. Doesnt taste very good though, seems to have lost all the orange and coriander. Also a strange off taste im not used too, but eh? 3 day old beer. Ill leave it in primary another week at 18 degrees (65ish) see if it cleans up a little and adjust the taste then.

Back