Why are flames shooting out of my venturi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaps10

Reaction score
This is really messing up my brew day. Flames are shooting out of the air mixer/ Venturi on my turkey fryer. What causes this and how do I fix it?

How close is the burner to the bottom of the pan? Do you have a large amount of moisture on or in the burner? Is the burner cracked?

No moisture on or in. It's a keggle sitting on top of a grate, which is what I've used dozens of times before and I can't see any visible cracks.

That kind of problem is usually caused by lack of space between the burner and the pan.

Has it been a while since it was used?

Make sure that you don't have a blockage in the venturi tube that is causing it to light at the orifice. Spiders are known to make them their home which can cause that kind of problem as well.

day trippr posted as i was typing.

We finished it off using 1 burner, which made for a long day because we were brewing 2 different beers. Thanks for the help guys I'm going to tear into it tomorrow and see what I can find.

Back