wholesale and Distribution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeahfairly

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
Have any of you wonderful "HBT" folks out there done any research on opening an LHBS shop? The reason I am asking is I would like to start prepping for a retirement job that I will enjoy. I am not looking at profit margin... my better half does pretty good. I have spent the last 12 years in third world areas playing silly games and I intend to spend my remaining years enjoying what I do.... I am very interested in starting up an LHBS (metro area and it's 25 miles to the closest store) and doing internet sales. I am looking into getting into something that I love. I would like to focus on hops and grains (internet sales) and be able to sell them at a price that would attract a lot of loyal customers. You know.... folks that don't question my motives.... because they know I am giving them the best product for the best price. I realize that most suppliers have set pricing that prevents an HBS from being able to deviate much. With that said... I find it hard to believe that there aren't certain areas of the business where a guy could really help the working Joe when it comes to saving cash. I have done a lot of ground work and I know that most distributors require a storefront operation. The info I am really looking for is more back channel.... straight to the source. Looking for suggestions from people smarter than me on where to dig.

Latest posts

Back