Morebeer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrocker652002

Reaction score
I have seen some complain about Morebeer and their delivery times, so I thought I would chime in. Now, I am in the San Francisco area so keep that in mind. I ordered my latest attempt on Wednesday morning hoping it would be here by the weekend. Well, Fedex just showed up and here is my stuff. All packaged up and ready to go. So, I might have two brew days this weekend. I know some have had issues, but I am a huge fan of Morebeer, both the internet store and the local store by me. I cannot complain at all. Rock on!!!!!!!!

I've never had an issue with their delivery times.

I've gotten a few wrong items, but they always made good on it, so I cannot really complain.

I've never had problems with Morebeer either...ever since they expanded to East coast shipping has been a breeze. People forget the holidays are terrible for retail establishments with so much business going on. Oh well, until they mess up i'm going to stick with them.

Morebeer is my go to. I lived a few minutes from the brick and mortar in Riverside, CA and Rob and the gang were amazing! Now I live a few hours north of riverside and rely on shipping from the Bay Area and sometimes PA. My orders are always on time.

I live about an hour from their warehouse in CA. I have no issues with MoreBeer at all and pretty much order exclusively from them. The issue I have is that they use FedEx. That company is the very bane of my existence. If the order is big enough, I'm better off just picking it up in person rather than wait for weeks in shipping time and having to call and complain that my package is sitting in their warehouse for days with "no estimate for delivery" on the tracking for them to finally deliver.

I’ll join the happy chorus. Always been pleased with their performance and customer service, and I’ve been doing business with them for nearly two decades (lots of business). Usually no more than 3 days for delivery from their West Coast (original) facility, and usually only 1 day from East Coast (Pittsburg).

When I have to order online, they’re my first go-to, though definitely not my only.

They are awesome, and their customer service is top notch. I've placed 3 orders since Christmas, and they all came reasonably fast. I even had a defective product that they warrantied and shipped me a new one before I sent the old one back. They also gave me a label to ship the defective one back.

Been a big fan of them for about 5 years now. Just wish they had Mecca malt!!

No complaints here. In fact, they are awesome. Been using them for many years. I like the use of FedEx. If they switched to USPS I would look elsewhere for brewing supplies.

I order primarily from them and never have an issue. I wish they would do free shipping for a lower total purchase amount, I'd spend a lot more.

The issue I have is that they use FedEx. That company is the very bane of my existence.
Yeah, Me=This.^^^
I'm about 50/50 on FedEx delivering stuff to me with out an "unexpected delay". When I do get packages they look like they fell off a cliff. Twice, because of shipping damage, they (MB) compensated for, with out question. So as far as service and product quality go, I have no complaints with More Beer itself.
Also 1+ on them having live phone help.
I still use other vendors as I don't believe any one of them excel at everything 100%.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

No complaints here. In fact, they are awesome. Been using them for many years. I like the use of FedEx. If they switched to USPS I would look elsewhere for brewing supplies.
It's funny, but that must be a regional thing. I MUCH prefer UPS to Fedex.......

The difference between the shippers in my area:

UPS -- Your package will be delivered no later than 7pm on Friday, if not a day or two earlier, and you will have the GPS coordinates as it moves so you can track it's progress. It will be delivered by Bill (picture inserted in email). Bill is married with three kids, two dogs and a cat. He enjoys fishing and grilling hamburgers on his days off.

FedEx -- Your package will get there when it gets there and you will have no idea where it is while in transit. BTW, it may be late and WILL be damaged.

UPSP -- What f'n package?

One nice thing about the post office is that you can ship absolutely anything in a flat rate box, with inadequate padding, and get compensation when it breaks.

I bought a 2HP 3-phase TEFC motor with a heavy cast iron frame on Ebay, and the seller sent it in a flat rate box. The post office broke a corner off the base, which was actually understandable. Seller got paid, and I got a free motor, because the post office didn't want it. I found a way to weld cast iron, and now I plan to make a second 2x72 grinder with it.

Really like MoreBeer. Great selection, good prices, helpful staff. I do not have a LHBS so everything is ordered online and these days that is all with MB. No problems here.

Back