Whole Hop Source: Target,Challenger,Northdown?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeleTwanger

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get any or all of these in whole form?
I tried NorthernBrewer,Austin,Grape&G,Williams,Ebrew,and Midwest to no avail.

Thanks!

Hop Availability Chart - Brew365
Looks like Northern Brewer and Austin HB may have Challenger, but otherwise you're out of luck. You can probably replace Target with a different hop if you're only going to use it for bittering. Incidentally, I grow both Target and Northdown myself, but didn't get much harvest from my first year hops, so I can't help you.

Or you could order from Britain. Here's a shop that has all three:
http://hopshopuk.com/shop.php?p=malthops

Target and Northdown are pretty much nonexistant right now. Challenger is around, but most of it is pelleted.

Ølbart beat me to the link - I use that Brew365 page all the dang time! :D

Target and Northdown are pretty much nonexistant right now. Challenger is around, but most of it is pelleted.

Ølbart beat me to the link - I use that Brew365 page all the dang time! :D

Yeah that's what I figured. I've got plenty of Challenger and Northdown in pellets but I'm gonna be making some Bitters that only use about 2oz so I'd rather use whole but I'm not totally opposed to pellets. Although I love the EK Gold and Fuggle which can both be easily found in whole I really like the Challenger/Northdowns.

Stupid hop shortage. :mad:

Back