Who remembers the first beer they had??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbreienrk1

Reaction score
Mine was a nice luke-warm Icehouse. I was 12 years old. My 16 year old brother Bill and his friend Brandt made me drink it so I wouldn't tell on them to my parents. Until about the age of 18I stuck to the Bud/Miller family and thought it was all the world had to offer. Then I joined the Marine Corps and met some awesome dudes that opened my eyes to the world of home brewing and great beer. Cheers everyone.

A can of Bud Ice - in the alley behind my neighbors house. Awesome times :mug:

edit = that was my first solo full beer. Doesn't count the many sips off of dad's crappy beer when I was growing up

A can of Bud Ice - in the alley behind my neighbors house. Awesome times :mug:

edit = that was my first solo full beer. Doesn't count the many sips off of dad's crappy beer when I was growing up

Same story here...mom and pops always offered sips at the dinner table

Had my first in some small village outside Frankfurt in Germany :D

Seriously, it was the best beer I've ever had. That might be because it was my first and it just felt better, or maybe it's that I have a soft spot for German lagers and getting it at the source is better then the bottled stuff we have access to here. They had good pizza, too.

It was a school trip as well which made it even better. We 'weren't supposed to drink' but one of the teachers was going to the bars with us, the other telling is how bad drinking is :tank: Trying to sneak into some hotel in a foreign country was pretty fun.

Actually my first beer I tried to drink was some kind of winter guinness thing when I was 16. First beer to touch my tongue was when I was like 8-10 and it was probably busch that my grandpa had me try at my birthday party. My reaction was obviously of repulse and wonder of how they can drink that. My view has not changed. 4 years after my first beer, I started making wine. One+ year later, I started looking into beer, 3 months later: first brew, 2 weeks after that: gone AG. 3 weeks later: Now, drinking first PM oatmeal stout. Mmmmm.

Aren't trips down beer lane amazing? Thanks everyone for the post...it's great to know that regardless what my girlfriend says, there are others that love beer as much as I do...cheers!

I seem to remember that my dad was a Coors drinker waay back when I was in my formative years. The first memberable time was the first time he let me try a Guinness: which back "in the day" it was only the extra stout. It was love even at first tasting. To this day I think the extra stout is so much better then the draught version.

Split a couple Milwaukee's Best my friend took out of his dad's fridge with some friends at our clubhouse back when I was 12. Good times!:mug:

Probably was a Budweiser, I was probably 10, out in the yard with Dad after hauling some wood, I wanted to go in to get a coke but he made me drink a beer instead... was horrible.

I seem to remember that my dad was a Coors drinker waay back when I was in my formative years. The first memberable time was the first time he let me try a Guinness: which back "in the day" it was only the extra stout. It was love even at first tasting. To this day I think the extra stout is so much better then the draught version.

agreed good sir :)

i was 8 or 9 and accidentally drank some Bud Ice thinking it was lemonaide or something... it was the worst thing i'd ever had. The first time i ever had a deliciously amazing beer was when i tried my uncles home brew.

My parents were having a bonfire one summer, I was 12ish I guess, me and my cousin who was a year younger were often tasked with getting beers for people and we just started grabbing an extra one or two. We were leaned against an old water heater watching the bon fire and drinking those beers. At one point my parents, or his caught us and just let it be. We passed out against the heater eventually and around 2 or 3 am I woke up and woke him up and we went inside and finished sleeping it off.

Our parents had a good laugh about it the next day we were so bad off.

Bud Dry.

Kinda would like to try that now, just or curiousity's sake. I was nine maybe ten. My friend's dad owned a bar and we raided the fridge and snuck out back and drank a can each. I'm actually impressed how fast I put that down for my first. Mustve taken me like just couple minutes. We were so scared of getting caught.

Ah thanks for that. I actually forgot until you made me remember.

Miller High Life and Yukon Jack on a camping trip right out of high school at 18, it was leftovers from the cabin owners who were the grandparents of my buddy.

A lukewarm, year old can of Molson Golden I had stolen from my parents and hid in the back of my closet. It was my neighborhood's block party, the Summer before 9th grade.

Even at the young age of 15 I knew what bad beer tasted like.

Like others, my parents would let me sip their ripple, but I think my first full beer was a Tequiza (does that even count as a beer?) that I jacked from my dad.

I don't have to remember too far back. It was just over a year ago, on my 21st birthday. A friend of mine bought a Stella and a Blue Moon and had me try both and pick one. I chose the Stella.

4-5 year old Miller High Life from stolen from the basement fridge... I remember only being able to stand about half of it. Dumped the rest.

This was probably around 9th grade.

WOW..first beer. it was coors,and I was 2nd or 3rd grade. I took it out of my dads fridge in the shop, took one drink and put it back. Its funny that he never said anything about finding a open beer with one small drink missing.

and I never liked coors after that.

homebrew Honey Wheat! my dad thought that since I always helped him with the grunt labor when brewing that I should see the end result. I think I was 9-10 maybe?

I had a few sips of beer as a kid and hated them, but the first full beer I drank was Rolling Rock in college. It was pretty bad. To this day I get an upset stomach from drinking Rolling Rock.

It almost turned me off to beer completely, then I discovered the 6 pack shop....

I didnt drink till 18. My first one was a MGD at my friends High School Graduation party. After that I pretty much didnt drink till my second semester of college drinking either Natty Light or Milwaukee's Best Light. Definitely some of the worst stuff ever, I cant stand the smell of it.

WOW..first beer. it was coors,and I was 2nd or 3rd grade. I took it out of my dads fridge in the shop, took one drink and put it back. Its funny that he never said anything about finding a open beer with one small drink missing.
Probably laughed his ass off and let it go realizing you weren't likely to do it again.

Growing up my friend's Dad was a firefighter and they always drank some form of Michelob (regular or light). I had plenty of sips of those, but I never drank a full beer, on my own, until I went to college.

The first there was Busch. God it was awful. Sometimes I wonder how I had the strength to continue drinking beer!

I was about 8. It was a hot, muggy Illinois summer day. Tom's dad thought it would be funny to give us some warm beer. Didn't touch another until I went to college.

I remember having sips of my dad's PBR when I was real young. Then at about 10 my buddy and I used to take a tiny bit from each bottle in his parent's liquor cabinet and pour it into our bike water bottles, then ride around getting hammered. We always tended toward the hard stuff in the beginning, just because it was easier to steal.

The first beer I remember really drinking and getting into was Guinness XXX. Back in those days, it was the most exotic beer on the shelves, right next to Heineken and Beck's. It's still my absolute favorite commercial beer.

I had a lot of sips from a young age, but first full beer (and buzz :cross:) was on a canoe trip with my Dad and his friend, I was probably about 11 yrs. I thought the buzz was interesting, but it did not ignite that passion that was to develop later and continue to this day.

Back