Who makes a fake brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah just thought it was weird that someone would pose a brewery and try something like that. Especially in PA, we have so many old blue laws. I get pissed going to other states going to the market and seeing that they can buy alcohol there. Also you can not ship alcohol in PA. So someone wasn't doing their homework.

Smokinghole you could be right on the meth operation. I live in West Chester which is a college town and my neighbors are college renters. They were outside last weekend when I was brewing and I told them I'm making my own beer. The first response was "Oh we thought you were making drugs or something". I then proceeded to inform them about my hops plants thinking they may drunkenly confuse it with something else one night:confused:

Our laws are crazy but I think they'll get better...slowly. We have one of the best states for beer availability but the dumbest laws. Its surprising how we have such a great beer availability reputation but some of the most arcane laws.

I was just up in Berwick (hour SE of Scranton/WB) to rip carpet out of my parents house. While I was there a mobile meth lab was busted after getting stuck in some mud at a local lake parking lot.

Very true we have a lot of good breweries. And Philly is always rated one of the top craft brew cities.

Back to topic. The pics in their gallery look a lot like Oktoberfest pics now that I look, besides the scranton one of course :D

Maybe the characters from "The Office" have a new brewpub to hang out at in Scranton.
..."That's what she said".

too bad they spoiled the name "electric city brewery" could have been good for someone in my hometown, Schenectady NY, the real electric city :tank:

There's a bar that just opened up here that is using the name Curly Wolf Saloon and Brewery. Needless to say, no brewing operations take place there. I have no clue why they included the word in their name. They did trick me into visiting, but since I quickly realized what was going on, they didn't get a single dollar out of me.

Looks almost like a web design study - some student or company puts something together as a demo for clients. . . happens actually quite a bit.

anyone remember the penguinwarehouse.com thing that went around a while ago? Was just a concept design to show their chops to clients. . .

Might be the same thing. . .

WTF???

Besides the spelling errors the use of some words sounds like nigerian male scammer writing. Like they can't quite grasp the nuances of the engrish language. ;)

Founded in 1790 as the mining village of Slocum Hollow. Scranton is an industrious; family orientated community of ethnic proportionEthnic Population or "of epic proportion?". Today she sits poised to offer her residents a rebirth of economic and modern amenity. The ECBC family was founded on these traditions and hopes to not just be simply a beer producer but a beacon of old world charm mixed with a flare of the progessive.

ECBC strives to produce the highest quality organic beer at a price that everyone can afford and enjoy. Our mission is to create jobs locally at all levels from our world class portersAre you talking about the beerstlye or guys in funny suits who carry luggage at airports? to business executives and the aspiring brewer or resturanturIt's restauranteur.

It may take a village to rasieWTF, you mean Raise, right? it's brewery but this brewery may just transform its village.
We invite you stay and learn more about us as a company and the fine products we produce.

If this is what they're using to lure investors, I'd hate to try to proofread their business plan if they even have one.

blackdragon is this your work? Looks very nice. When I checked earlier today the site was registered to your employer. Now it appears that the domain is listed to the soon to be brewery in Dunmore PA?

WTF???

Besides the spelling errors the use of some words sounds like nigerian male scammer writing. Like they can't quite grasp the nuances of the engrish language. ;)

If this is what they're using to lure investors, I'd hate to try to proofread their business plan if they even have one.

I like the idea of the money scammers being behind this. It could also be
these guys. http://www.419eater.com/

They bait money scammers and try to get them to go to intense lengths to waste their time. Could this brewery be a sting operation within their ranks?
-Jefe-

Back