Who is brewing on Long Island?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the late reply, we were on the boat this weekend. We came home ahead of the rain, and our boat guests became house guests. Which was a lot of fun, and somehow included drinking every day and night.

That sounds like a lot more fun than wall to wall people and really loud music. :) A busy month of events is here with various Oktoberfests and the Taps and Talons fund raiser.

ADF5840C-8980-4703-82CF-604FD811A159.jpeg

This is a busy event, but is laid back, not crazy. I’ll be pouring with BEER.

BEER is meeting at the Brickhouse in Patchogue 3rd Monday, which is next Monday. I’m not sure of the topic yet. Meetings are free we share homebrew when the meeting is adjourned.

I was up at 4:30 AM today to go to NE and talk about stress. I’m probably going to be sleeping.

Better than my up at 2 am with my dogs losing it because we lost power I hope when I go home it's back on I really would like a cold beer before I crash for the day

Hope everyone else got through the storm without issue

^^^ Sorry the pups kept you up. My street was somewhat flooded when I called it a night, but didn’t loose electricity, some storm last year blew a transformer so things are good and tight at least for a few years.

I read that Barrage is closing “Shutting our doors Saturday 1/11.” I’m not sure if that is their last day or they just won’t be open that day.

Hi everyone! Fellow New York (Long island) brewer whose starting to get extremely overwhelmed with the plethora of information I’m finding on here! [emoji23] I’ve been doing extract for a few years but have recently upgraded to all grain with a mash and boil. I’m starting to get things dialed in and looking forward to some delicious brews!

Actually just recently moved from Islip (down the street from where Arbor wine used to be) to Seaford. Looks like you guys in Suffolk have all the good clubs out that way though!

Actually just recently moved from Islip (down the street from where Arbor wine used to be) to Seaford. Looks like you guys in Suffolk have all the good clubs out that way though!
Ah, I still miss Arbor. You have Homebrew and Handgrenades in Nassau - nice people (those who I’ve met) and they are pretty active.

Ah, I still miss Arbor. You have Homebrew and Handgrenades in Nassau - nice people (those who I’ve met) and they are pretty active.

I’m pretty sure they closed a little while before arbor did if I remember correctly. I had been there a few times before I moved out to Islip. They were very helpful for sure! The only homebrew shop I know of is Karps homebrew and hardware in Northport. At least that’s where I’ve been goin when I need a few extra ounces of hops to throw into a IPA ingredient kit.

Yes, the HBH LHBS closed but the club is still going. Another shop in western Suffolk (not far from blackforest) is brewsbrothers at kedco. No liquid yeast, there but enough stock to help out in a pinch. If you ever travel to Patchogue, there is Brew and Beyond in East Patchogue. He carries Imperial and Omega yeast and is well stocked.

Yes, the HBH LHBS closed but the club is still going. Another shop in western Suffolk (not far from blackforest) is brewsbrothers at kedco. No liquid yeast, there but enough stock to help out in a pinch. If you ever travel to Patchogue, there is Brew and Beyond in East Patchogue. He carries Imperial and Omega yeast and is well stocked.

Oh ok I wasn’t aware they had a club. Thank you for all the info! It’s greatly appreciated!

I keep swearing to myself one of these days I am going to enter some of my beer(s) into a competition ………. one of these days
You have many local opportunities coming up. Including BEER’s 24th annual brew off in May. Local is nice because there’s no shipping expenses involved.

Good to know I am finally getting caught up around the house, last weekend was my first brew day in 6 weeks it felt so nice to get behind the kettle again even if it was just a wheat beer. I am going to look into it maybe this is the year why not :rolleyes:

Good to know I am finally getting caught up around the house, last weekend was my first brew day in 6 weeks it felt so nice to get behind the kettle again even if it was just a wheat beer. I am going to look into it maybe this is the year why not :rolleyes:

Hear you! I packed up before Thanksgiving and just had my first brew session of the decade a week and a half ago. I sent a mead and a couple brews to Homebrew Ally in Brooklyn — judging will happen 2/9. One of the drop off locations was Bluepoint, so that was a win.

Once in a while I get some odd feedback like your Grodziskie is too smoky, when 6 other judges have given very good scores, I don’t take it personally it just tells me the judge may not be overly familiar with it or just doesn’t like it, after all, they are human. And sometimes my entries are just meh and I know it, validating is good. I’m still deciding about entering Hudson Valley's comp.
https://hvhb.brewcomp.com/

Hey everybody! New to the forum from Long Island here. I currently reside in Kings Park and go to school in the city. I don't do much homebrewing, I mainly stick with cider but maybe one day we can get a group brew going here. Ive been making cider since I was a freshman in college so a solid 7 yeasts. Cheers!

I’ve heard the Saint James Brewery‘s new tasting room in St James is likely to really open (their Facebook page has opening soon posts for about 3 months) in about 2 weeks. They’ve done a beautiful job from the pictures I’ve seen.

Never heard of them but they have a web site and the 2 beers listed sound of interest to me now I am going to have to search them out. How many breweries are we up to now on the Island? Seems like a bunch

Back