White IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
My wife helps me with the brewing especially on brew day, but her tastes in beer are somewhat different than mine. I like Caribou Slobber, Hazelnut Brown and Guiness. She probably would pick Mich Ultra if we had a pizza or a Sam Adams if she went totally wild.

So to appease her on our recent trip to the LHBS, I suggested she pick an extract kit of her choice. It was a white IPA. We brewed it w/o much ado, and I was happy to oblige. Yesterday was rack to secondary day, and the beer was very cloudy. I thought I was sucking up trub with the racking cane, but I was off the bottom. Long story short this brew looks cloudy like a Hefe.....at least two weeks into the process.

Is this typical? I am not familiar with this style so just wondered if I was on target. The beer smells and tastes fine so I am confident it is ok w/o infection.

Back