White cloude on the surface !!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irena

Reaction score
I opened the lid of carboy today and saw something like white clouds here and there on the surface of beer.unfortunately i can't take a pictue of what i saw to put it here because of my poor obsolete camera.now i'm afraid if it's an infection ?
And the taste is more,more bitter than the wort and a little bit harsh like some wines.
i'm noob and appreciate any advice about my situation.
thanks.

It's probably just yeast rafts, which are nothing to worry about. Does it look something like this?

The taste is going to be more bitter than the original wort. A lot of sugar has been converted to alcohol and CO2, so you've lost a good deal of sweetness.

RDHWAHB. Its krausen and its a good thing. Unless there's the face of the Virgin mary in there.

It's probably just yeast rafts, which are nothing to worry about. Does it look something like this?

The taste is going to be more bitter than the original wort. A lot of sugar has been converted to alcohol and CO2, so you've lost a good deal of sweetness.

Absolutley this is what i saw !! and thanks again :mug:

I know what your saying sometimes you look at it and panic-is that mold? nope.

Back