White chocolate stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinky

Reaction score
Rather than bring a 3 year old thread back from well beyond the grave, I decided to rejuvenate the spirit of it. I'm going to try brewing up a white chocolate stout this weekend. I pulled and slightly modified my recipe from https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=299993&page=2 . I plan on letting this sit until my wedding in January so I can have enough time to come up with a back up beer if it turns out awful. I haven't tried to brew any stouts yet but I think I'm heading in the right direction. This will also be my first partial mash brew and I'm very excited to take my first step towards the wonderful world of all grain. I'm going for imperial strength to help cut the January cold and add to the festivities. The recipe is as follows:

6# extra light DME
2# Munich malt
2# crystal 10
2# corn sugar
1# flaked barley
.5# flaked out
.5# carapils
.25# special roast
.25# pale chocolate

1oz EKG
2oz fuggles both at 60

6-8oz white chocolate flavor extract depending on how potent it is.

Wyeast 1084 Irish ale yeast

Mash the specialty grains at 150-155 for 60 min.

Just picked up the grains and hops from the LHBS but they only had 1 pack of the 1084 so I picked up a pack of wyeast 1318. I plan on using both just for funzies to see what I get.

Back