Whirlpool inlet height concern for BrewersHardware kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goaticus

Reaction score
I am getting close to pulling the trigger on some kettles and equip from Brewers Hardware. But, looking at the pics of the Boil Kettle with Tangential Inlet, I am concerned that the tangential inlet should be higher up for whirlpooling. Especially since I am most likely going to install a Blichmann Boil Coil in it. Any thoughts? Thanks

No matter where you put the inlet the whole kettle full of wort will get spinning. I would not be concerned.

I don't know where Brewers Hardware places their inlet, but I placed mine about 4 inches from the bottom, and get a great whirlpool with a chugger pump.

Forgot the image:drunk:

POT20BKTI.jpg

Just added these to my "future kettle pricing spreadsheet". I like them a lot, I do not like the fact there are no site glasses on the HLT or BK even as an option. Dang near the price point of Spike

Even with it being behind the Blichmann Boil Coil?

Not exactly sure what you mean by behind, I'd place the power stuff on the opposite side of the kettle, but yeah I would not worry about the boil coil. A lot of fluid will come out of that whirlpool fitting, it should not cause any significant problems.

Just added these to my "future kettle pricing spreadsheet". I like them a lot, I do not like the fact there are no site glasses on the HLT or BK even as an option. Dang near the price point of Spike

That's the first I have heard of Spike. It looks like nice stuff, but I would rather have TC fittings than NPT. I have never used one, so I don't understand why folks are SO gaga over the site glass. Why (other than the joy of seeing beer) would one need a site?

I use it to measure the volume I have in the kettle ;)

TC fittings look great, but everything else outside of that will be 1/2" NPT so there are places for crud to find a home. Not really seeing that as a selling point just yet.

Back