While searching Youtube I came across this gem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He reminds me of Garth from Wayne's World.

I will say, this is the "modern" way. Dispense with actual measuring or use of quality ingredients. How do you think BMC happens?

But seriously, some people do homebrew this way. Nothing wrong with it. Some people just want easy. Others want quality. The two are mutually exclusive.

I'm fascinated by this guy, he has something like 160 videos on youtube. I have been watching all of his brewing videos and he seems to be slowly improving his methods but he would improve 1000% if he just did a little research (read a book maybe).

I didn't read any of the comments on here or watch any of his other videos than the one posted before finishing the video and I honestly couldn't tell if this was an experienced brewer just making a funny joke video or if that guy was serious. I laughed out loud many times throughout that short video. Great stuff.

I think one thing everyone can learn from his videos is that all the people out there who are overly cautious with sanitation can sit back and relax. This knucklehead "brews" his own and enjoys the living hell out of it and is satisfied with his results for himself. He says it himself, "I'm just havin fun". Of course, his constant "thiziz good sh**!" followed by a belch is pretty funny. It's also fun to watch a guy get hammered on camera.

One of the links on the side from that youtube movie was this:

I want to believe it's a gag, but I think it's not. The guy talks about his still blowing up and then you see film of . . yeah, him spraying water on his burning still in the backyard.

The internet is a strange place, man.

(It's not a film about making moonshine, I am aware of and in compliance with the forum code of conduct)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that that cornbread and buttermilk eating hillbilly had better video editing skills than that other guy.

I watch his video of making honey brew, and I just want to thank you for bringing that to my attention. My morning is now complete.

Well on the completely opposite end of the spectrum..... Bobby any estimate on when you will get part three on youtube of the AG series? I really enjoyed the first two and have been checking for #3 daily.

Thanks for the beer making link! That guy is crazy. And his info page- have you read it? Goes off on how he hates Obama (for no reason, just ranting), comments that he would never give him a beer of his own stuff, uses colorful language that I can not say here..... I know you can have political ideals, but this guy is a bit off the deep end when I started digging.

Fun to watch though!

Well, for those of us who don't have AG equipment, this is how we brew (sadly). I've done a few batches with canned ME and it's okay, not great. But I don't know why anyone would settle with okay beer. I could just go to the store for that.

"Yeh really need just get drunk before you make this, it's a lot funner"

Priceless.

One of the links on the side from that youtube movie was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q53FVt7H9aA&feature=related

I want to believe it's a gag, but I think it's not. The guy talks about his still blowing up and then you see film of . . yeah, him spraying water on his burning still in the backyard.

The internet is a strange place, man.

(It's not a film about making moonshine, I am aware of and in compliance with the forum code of conduct)

If you go to the website, it appears The Moonshiners are actually a band. Doesn't really appear to be much on there about making moonshine.

That is freaking hilarious, But you have to understand BMC's exist for a reason if he wants to save a few bucks by making his own that is his option, at least he is making his own.

What's sad is I used to watch this guy's videos to learn how to brew beer! Another one I watched (and still do) is Craig Tube. Just like the entertainment I guess.

Stop making fun! This guy taught me everything I know about brewing! lol

I will fully admit that prior to my getting into the hobby, I watched EVERY Craig tube video. Thanks to HBT, I think I am better informed and educated than those videos alone would have made me - but I do offer him a "+1" for getting me back interested in the hobby...

Well, for those of us who don't have AG equipment, this is how we brew (sadly). I've done a few batches with canned ME and it's okay, not great. But I don't know why anyone would settle with okay beer. I could just go to the store for that.

I don't have AG equipment and I don't brew this way.

For the time being I am happy doing extract w/ specialty grains. I have upgraded to full boils and I have a fridge to control my fermentation temps. I also started doing yeast starters.

I am finally making consistently good beer!

The only batch i've ever poured out was because of a craigtube vid. I made one of those coopers kits with table sugar. It tasted like cognac without the ABV. I still watch his vids every time though. I started out brewing all grain. I just kept hearing how you can make an extract beer that is just as good as all grain. Maybe some people can. I just can't.

Back