Which Label is Better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwjester

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure which font I like better for the label? Anyone care to comment?

Warrior_IPA_.jpg

Label A

Warrior_IPA2_.jpg

Label B

I like them both, but I think I lean towards B.... In b the two circles seem to blend in a bit better together then they do on A.

lable B looks more symetrical. the curved letters make the image not as pleasing to read stacked up as they are.

The first time I looked at them I thought B. But the more I compare the two, the more I like A. A is my final answer.

I'd go A. The font in A evokes old martial arts movies and Covid Clan albums which meshes better with the color scheme which evokes (to me at least) The Matrix. The second font feels more Medieval which clashes a bit with the Matrixy green. Couldn't tell you why...

I like A better because the font is awesome and even though B is more aesthetically pleasing, A stuck with me more. If I went to buy a beer an saw B, I'd say cool and walk away. If I saw A, I'd be like "something about this beer.." and pick it up and start investigating it. Even if I put it back down, the thing that offset the beer would stick with me and I'd probably end up going back to try it just to concur it.

Yep.

So the vote is 5-4 for A. This is pretty much exactly my dilemma. Both have good and bad qualities. I think I'm going to see if I can find a more symmetric Asian-like font and see if I can combine the good qualities that people have pointed out and eliminate the bad.

Thanks for the comments.

I like B....due to the symetrical clarity and lighter brush stroke background behind the lettering. Nice work!

Looks like the overseas ballots came in late and changed up the results. I even got Dogertown's first post. Welcome to the forum. I was actually going to order the magnets today, after I finish up a Simcoe Amber Ale label.

Thanks for the comments and, yeah, I should have made this thread a poll.

B! Being design-minded, I love the neatness of it. The curved letters don't go well with the linear brushstrokes - if it were a different effect, I might like those more.

Back