Which do you like better?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Making beer or drinking beer

• Making

• Drinking

Results are only viewable after voting.
At this point, making it. Trying to loose weight for hip & back work. Besides that, the whole creation thing from recipe formulation to execution is way cool.:mug:

This is a tough one. I went drinking because of the time factor. I can enjoy drinking a beer much easier than brewing one. It's a simple pleasure. That said I have a bunch more recipes I want to make and I can't seem to get through kegs fast enough so its not like its a landslide.

wait a second....

trick-question-its-a-trap.jpg

The way i see it is if i liked drinking beer more than brewing it i'd just drink all commercial beer. The fact that i take all the time that i do to brew it tells me i dig making beer over just consuming it.

I must like making it more than drinking it because I never drink close to what I make.
Or maybe I'm just not good at making it yet.

I definitely like making it better. I'll have a whole shelving unit full of beers, and I won't think that's a lot of beer, but I will feel like I need to brew some more beer. Maybe I should look into this whole small batch BIAB stuff, just so I can brew every weekend.

The way i see it is if i liked drinking beer more than brewing it i'd just drink all commercial beer. The fact that i take all the time that i do to brew it tells me i dig making beer over just consuming it.

I'm trying to get to where I just have my homebrew. Most commercial beer just isn't as good. Lately for me craft beer has been iffy. I might as well save the $10 and use it to brew more.

Drinking my beer=Brewing my beer>Drinking commercial beer

I'm trying to get to where I just have my homebrew. Most commercial beer just isn't as good. Lately for me craft beer has been iffy. I might as well save the $10 and use it to brew more.

Drinking my beer=Brewing my beer>Drinking commercial beer

yea, this was my thought about a year ago. It just didn't make sense to both brew and buy beer at the store. I took that money I'd spend on beer and put it into the hobby.
Over the past 7 months or so I haven't been brewing because my wife was pregnant with our 2nd and now the baby is here. I went back to drinking commercial beer again and I must say I really miss my homebrew. It's fresher and just is more fun to drink. I just got 50 lbs of random grain so I'm about to get back into it. I'm going to start by just brewing 2.5 gallon batches on my stove biab style. Time is still hard to come by but at least I'll be brewing again! :ban:

I selected brewing beer instead of drinking b/c I really like finding recipes and tweaking them some or creating my own. This was a hard decision b/c I enjoy finding new craft beers from various places to try. From there I try to pick out what I like and dislike for future brews I plan to make!

This is a trap. :(:mug: My brewing process includes: 1. Drinking commercial examples of what I am attempting. 2. Brewing it. 3. See how I did by drinking my homebrew and having friends and family try it. 4. Endeavor to try something new or correct a perceived fault. Brewing includes all of these steps. I say brewing.

I am really starting to hate brewing.

I like making the recipes and thinking about the beer, and I love drinking it, but the actual work of brewing and cleaning up makes me hate it.

If I didn't love the beer so much, I would quit brewing. It's about 1/2 day of working my butt off that I can't stand. I don't mind the other days, like kegging day or dryhopping time. But I do hate the work involved on brew days.

I like making the recipes and thinking about the beer, and I love drinking it, but the actual work of brewing and cleaning up makes me hate it.

If I didn't love the beer so much, I would quit brewing. It's about 1/2 day of working my butt off that I can't stand. I don't mind the other days, like kegging day or dryhopping time. But I do hate the work involved on brew days.

***GASP!!!***

Say it ain't so, Yoop...!

I have always imagined you making 5 batches a week for the last 20 years with a grin from ear to ear. I hear you about the work being daunting. On Labor day I strained my left shoulder moving my primary into the swamp cooler. Ouch.

I really like drinking beer, the incredible range of tastes & styles but hands down I love making beer. Need to have friends to help consume just to keep brewing as often as I like.

I generally really like brewday but really hated the idea on my couple days off this past weekend. I wanted to force myself and I'm glad I didn't. So, today was great. I woke up early to brew then headed to work for the rest of the day. I think I have to start early to enjoy brewday.

I generally really like brewday but really hated the idea on my couple days off this past weekend. I wanted to force myself and I'm glad I didn't. So, today was great. I woke up early to brew then headed to work for the rest of the day. I think I have to start early to enjoy brewday.

Starting early really makes a difference for me too. I think if I had a setup that didn't need to be moved would be better for me as well. Lugging all my gear up from my basement each brew day is a PITA. Then cleaning it and lugging it back downstairs. I still love it though. I would say I like drinking and making beer equally.

I've got 4 kiddos 11 years old and under, a full time job, a wife, kid's basketball games to go to, dance rehearsals, the list goes on. So, for this reason, I brew extract.... and while I like the idea of brewing my own beer, it's a pain in my @ss.

However, the final product is worth it and saves me money.

Like I said earlier, I LOVE drinking beer, hence why I brew it. I get something fresher than in the stores, for a cheaper price, and can control what I want.... for the most part.

Back