Which Brewer are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So, which brewer best matches your personality or brewing style.

• Charlie Papazian

• John Palmer

• Jim Koch

• sam calagione

• Ringo, of course.

Results are only viewable after voting.
FWIW, in my time in the brewing industry most of the guys making the great beer (whether in pubs or packaging) were "Charlies"...

Fun thread.

I'm Palmer till something doesn't go as planned on brewday.
Then I'm Charlie.

I am not exactly like any of these guys, but I am in no way anything like Calagione.

Hunter

I love the choices and their descriptions, but I shed a tear for leaving out Jamil Zainasheff: a brewer of classic styles with an eye for simplicity of technique, but no fear of any beer.

Although I suppose playing the game: which brewer didjya miss just ruins the game. So: I'm voting for Charlie.

I find that i am Charlie Pap's but still have small qualities of the rest, i consider an open mind at most angles of brewing probalbly not the extreme of Sam because it seems even with his beers a good idea just sounds good but may not turn out as romantically fantisized as intended= an interpetation of "meh" often.
Im intreged by Palmer because i like his basic logic and would like to make an even better beer if i knew how with some water science.
I also consider myself a jack(ass) of all trades but master of none considering i try to brew all but have a hard time dwelling on one when there is so much and so many variables/combinations of making beer.Thats overwhelming for me to think about,and im the type of guy that will sit at a vending machine for 10 min. trying to decide what i want. Ha. Dont get me wrong ,i spend very little time and most avoid vending machines anyway. Im about quality over quantity anyway.

About 70% Charlie, 30% Sam. I don't really care much about the science behind it and I rarely brew anything twice so I am uncertain of my consistency. I will, however, brew with anything that won't kill me too quickly and I'll happily drink it because it is beer.

YES! He was my favorite player.
Though I prefer the mustache of Rollie Fingers.

I would put me 50% Palmer 30%Calagione and 20% me cause I haven't ever throw'n a batch out

Charlie gets all the votes, but all the "IS MY BEER OK?!!!?!!!1" threads suggest many people don't live by RDWHAHB.

Yeah, but people don't usually post about how they don't have a problem.

RDWHAHB is a state of simplicity that belies many experiences and anxieties in the past.

Charlie for sure. Meh, I'll get to it when I get to it. Still tastes good. Maybe in 20 years when the kids move out I'll lean more toward Palmer. Calgione comes into play when the pipeline gets full and I have time to brew still...again, maybe in 20 when they kids move out.

I am a little more middle aof the road. I have not been brewing to long, but I find myself constantlly worring about my beer. I always try to make everything perfect as possible.

Latest posts

Back