Which beer bottles you use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a company to send me out 6 plastic growlers. I am experimenting and hope to be able to bring them to Baseball and Football games to tailgate with. Glass is not allowing in the parking area and tailgating. I know canning would be easier but I don't have room for a can sealer in the garage.
That's what 1L and 2L plastic pop bottles were made for. 2L is too big a package for one person (it works, but you'll hurt yourself or the beer will go flat) but fine for a group. If you are bottle conditioning you will only get one really clean pour, but most of the sediment will stay in the little feet at the bottom of the bottle and you won't get much yeast in the subsequent pours. Leave about half an ounce behind for the very last pour unless you just like the yeast or don't care anymore :)

So guys finally the problem is solved.
I ordered swing top replacements from China(received after 40 days). And successfully installed them on used 300 ml carbonated malt bottles. They are so tight that not a drop of air can get in. And those bottles are made to stand pressure hence perfect for conditioning a beer. (See attached pics)
They are transparent glass bottles but they serve me right because they won't be exposed to any kind of light or sunlight.

Attachments

• 20220428_191642.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220428_191710.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
One thing t
I ordered swing top replacements from China(received after 40 days). And successfully installed them on used 300 ml carbonated malt bottles. They are so tight that not a drop of air can get in. And those bottles are made to stand pressure hence perfect for conditioning a beer. (See attached pics)
They are transparent glass bottles but they serve me right because they won't be exposed to any kind of light or sunlight.
One thing to remember when using these is to remove the seal when cleaning prior to filling. I use a very similar type and there is always a build up of crud after usage. The seals also need replacement after half a dozen uses. They do work well though👍

One thing t

One thing to remember when using these is to remove the seal when cleaning prior to filling. I use a very similar type and there is always a build up of crud after usage. The seals also need replacement after half a dozen uses. They do work well though👍
What a single usage mean?

What a single usage mean?

I have found that after using there is usually a build up of mould between the cap and the seal. So after using and cleaning to get ready for the next use take the seal off to make sure the grot is cleaned off properly. The seals need replaced because after a while they become compressed and do not seal as well as when they are new.

I have found that after using there is usually a build up of mould between the cap and the seal. So after using and cleaning to get ready for the next use take the seal off to make sure the grot is cleaned off properly. The seals need replaced because after a while they become compressed and do not seal as well as when they are new.
Those new rubber gaskets are really cheap online.
I've four extra gaskets will use them if necessary.

Do you have link to the site you ordered them from you can share? Thanks.

Do you have link to the site you ordered them from you can share? Thanks.
I've ordered from aliexpress.com.You can find several suppliers over there. I assume you live in the US if true they ship all over the world. But carefully select the shipping options and opt for the cheapest one if you are willing to wait for some time.

Back